8.14.2014

Room to grow! #thelist

So, we have moved in and are settling. Not really anymore boxes. Just piles, more or less.

One of my 101 in 1001 (if I can get the list rewritten due to my blunder!) is to settle in and set up my room. I have a tiny room but one that had several possibilities. I can't wait to make these piles something decorative and fun! 

I got my idea of "how" to tackle my room from a dear friend, Sarah. She has been taking her house one room at a time with what she calls, her focus rooms. She makes her lists, sets a time limit, and works her way through.  I loved this idea the moment I heard it! 

Since I don't have a "house of my own" my room is the big picture and I am going to be breaking it down into smaller bite size pieces and projects. I have compiled my projects in this list and will take then one by one. 

I have hesitantly taken pictures of my before to show you the mess I am residing in! It has been a set up and go mentality so I have taken what I can get. This weekend I hope to take care of another big chunk. Trust me, what you see here is progress from where I started. Whew! 

1: make bed with my bedding! 
2: change blinds 
3: go through sweaters and get rid of/put away
4: refinish tray
5: paint frames and mat antique English paper
6: update all pictures 
7: finish fruits of the spirit wall hangings 
8: make collage on my wall
9: install mid support for shelf and rod in closet
10: get a basket for my shoes
11: Set up night stand 
12: "hang" mirror
13: make cork board
14: change wimpy fan pull
15: make jewelry board 
16: hang jewelry board and earrings holder
17: finish sorting and putting away clothes
18: get a hamper that is cute! =)






I am making progress and can't wait to update everyone next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment