7.27.2011

Day 2 - Blog Name meaning

Life is a waiting game. Most everything you do involves waiting.

One of my favorite books is one by Dr. Suess, Oh the Places You'll Go.

I don't have a particular reason for why I like this book, I just do. But about half way through this is what you will read.


"You can get so confused
that you'll start in to race
down long wiggled roads at a break-necking pace
and grind on for miles across weirdish wild space,
headed, I fear, toward a most useless place.
The Waiting Place...

...for people just waiting.
Waiting for a train to go
or a bus to come, or a plane to go
or the mail to come, or the rain to go
or the phone to ring, or the snow to snow
or waiting around for a Yes or a No
or waiting for their hair to grow.
Everyone is just waiting.

Waiting for the fish to bite
or waiting for wind to fly a kite
or waiting around for Friday night
or waiting, perhaps, for their Uncle Jake
or a pot to boil, or a Better Break
or a string of pearls, or a pair of pants
or a wig with curls, or Another Chance.
Everyone is just waiting."

The book goes on to talk about leaving this place and moving on. How it's not for you and you're better than that. Until recently I would have agreed, but God...

See, as a human we like to think we "know" what He knows. But my friends, He is so much wiser than we are.

I began doing a little digging to find out what He had to say about waiting. You know what I found? That He never classifies it as a "bad" thing.

Psalm 25:3
Psalm 25:21
Psalm 27:14
Psalm 33:20
Psalm 37:7
Psalm 37:9
Psalm 147:11
Psalm 139:5
Proverbs 20:22
Isaiah 25:9
Isaiah 40:31
Isaiah 49:23
Micah 7:7
Hebrews 6:15


By the way, this list is NOT in any way exhaustive. This is just an overview. It took me about 3 verses into to realize that waiting was not a bad thing. Waiting on the Father that is. I knew that was where my heart found peace and my mind ceased it's constant fretting. I didn't have to "worry" about the next or the process to next. Waiting on the Father was it. That was all He wanted me to do.


wait. on. Him.


Thus the meaning of this blog. God has shown me and brought me to and through so many amazing things. But, in this life it is constant waiting. Most would look at the title and instantaneously think that I'm waiting on my husband. While this is true, it it not what is being mentioned in my title. I am simply waiting on the Father and His timing in my life in ALL things!

No comments:

Post a Comment