7.28.2011

Day 3 - My first Love

I don't have 1. I have two first loves. To this day they still hold my heart.

One gave me the gifts and abilities I have.
The other encourages me to use them.

One gave me life.
The other works hard to provide for me to maintain life.

One gave me forgiveness.
The the other showed me the way to accept it.

One is my Father.
The other is my daddy.

It may sound cliche.
Let it.
I don't really care.
But it is true. From the beginning My father and my Father have had my hearts. There have been times when I am certain it has been hard to "want" to be obedient. I would be lying if I said that I was jumping with joy e.v.e.r.y. time I was asked to obey or do something I don't/didn't want to do. But, I know that they both love me. There is not doubt about it. It is out of that love that I know I want to obey.

I will let you in on another secret. I have never been in a relationship before. Ever. Never has a boy captured my attention long or strong enough to take my heart. I thank both of my first loves for protecting me from that so far. Because of them I know that my desire, now as an adult, is for "the one" my daddy has been praying for and my Father has been preparing. They gave me a gift and I don't want to play with it. It is special and only meant for "the one."

My first loves have given me life, security, protection, guidance, forgiveness, love.
So there you have it. My first love...(s)! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment