12.28.2009

Favorite time of the year!

For 6 years or so I have been messing around with clay. I started making simple figures with playdough and my mom bought me a block of clay to see what I could do with that. Thus the birth of one of my favorite hobbies!

For the last few years I have enjoyed making ornaments of gifts for friends and family! Last year I made a total of 15! I was a little crazy! This year I brought my numbers down a little!

I thought I would post some of the ones I have made this year! I have a few more to post but I am waiting until the recipients see them in person first! =)

This is for my nephew. My brother-in-law is a huge sports fan!

My attempt to write his initials like NFL logo...didn't turn out so well! I like how the rest of it turned out though!
This is for one of my closest friend! She picked up a violin 3 years ago and has yet to put it down. She has applied herself so well and when she plays it looks like it has been a life long pursuit.
I am SO bummed that it messed up in the baking. If you look close to her body the violin as a dent in it. It was where the bow had been set but during the baking her arm pulled it free and the set up before I could place it back. I want to figure out a way to keep this from happening but yet keep the the exterior looking good...I am still a work in process.
This is for my guy's sister. I do not nanny her because of her school schedule so I don't know the little things she likes but I wanted to do something for her! I love how it turned out! This is for my guy! He loves horses! Especially the stick horses. In particular there is a black one he LOVES! He carries this things EVERYWHERE, taking everything with him! =) His short little legs are my favorite part of him so I had to make sure I made the bear accordingly!
Merry Christmas! I pray each of you had a blessed celebration of the birth of our Lord!

1 comment:

  1. It was the cutest bear ever! I will look forward to pulling it out every Christmas! Just perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete