1.01.2010

2009

2009 was a different year for me. This year marked the first one I have lived completely as an adult. To most this sounds so dumb, but for me this is a HUGE thing. I didn't want to grow up. I had plans to live blissfully stuck in the days of my youth enjoying Anne of Green Gables syndrome to the fullest. But, life had to move on and, unfortunately, I had to go with it.

2009 had many lessons stored away for me to find along the way. Some I loved right away. Some I didn't want to notice. Some made me regret finding them. All bringing it's own joys and growth along with trials.

In February I turned 19. I am about to end my final year of claiming "teen" as part of my title. I spent the day just how I wanted. I was working a very flexible job and I took my birthday off and spent the day with my mom, sisters, and my grandparents. Simple and quiet.

In March I gained a title that I will forever cherish! My oldest sister and her husband had their first child. Bubby came into the world at 8:23 on 3/28. Weighing a very perfect and even 7 pounds. He is the best...

...really you can't argue with that! =)
In May a day came that, as kids, we thought we would never see. My cousin who is closet to my age and one of my closest friends graduated from High School. My cousin and I grew up very close and enjoyed playing pretend and imagining our make-believe feats as he rescued me from danger. I can't believe that now both of us are done with grade school!
Bec and I have known each other since we were 6 and 7. Many years. Many memories. Many lessons. An amazing friend and a beautiful sister in Christ.

In June a day came that I wished never would have had to. A family I had been working for every weeks for the past 3 years had to say good bye. His job took them 3 states away. This family was more than just a babysitting job. They had become like family. All 5 of them. I miss their hugs. I miss their smiles. I miss their laughs. I miss them.
My whole family misses them. They were...are like family and it is never easy to say good bye!
In August I took a trip that has forever placed a love for the people of Peru in my heart. At 3:30 on a Friday morning I left the states and all forms of my comfort and headed south...way south. I want to go back but God has said not yet.
In September my family headed to the Creation Museum in KY. If you have never been I HIGHLY recommend it! My family has been a Ken Ham fan for years and decided to save up and go! The details were amazing and the content was huge. We toured the museum for 2 days, stayed in a hotel (which we never do), and enjoyed some time with some family friends that live out that way.
Any way, it was so much fun being away from it all as just us. LLLLOOONNGGG story short we were able to get a back stage looks so to speak. Ken Ham's son-in-law showed us around the offices, where they make the website, magazine...etc.! Super fun!
If you ask Bean, the best part was meeting Ken Ham! =)
In November all my mom's family came in/over. We had 7 of the 8 grand kids on that side of the family present. It is the first time that many of us have been together in 6 years. It was fun to catch up and be together. Great memories...and fried turkeys! =)
This Christmas we celebrated as we usually do. In the morning we celebrated alone. Mom and Dad TOTALLY surprised us with a Wii! Completely had NO clue this was even up their sleeves! We were pretty excited!That night we celebrated with my dad's side. We had almost all of us there. 8 of 9! Pretty good for over half of us being adults with other schedules.
Hellos.
Goodbyes.
Victories.
Achievements.
Completion.
Lessons.
2009 in a word, growth. God is still not done. He still has work to do. I am so thankful for his promise that he WON'T stop working on me until "the day of Jesus Christ." And everything that has happened, is happening, and will happen is for my good because I love Christ.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, now I am crying- It isn't easy to say g'bye- but if it wasn't so hard, then there would have been so much love that had grown. We love you all too. not just "like" family, but we love you, our family.

    ReplyDelete