2.09.2010

back in time

Two weekends ago I went back to High School...well, kinda!
My youth pastor called me about a week before and asked me to tag along to watch the worship leader's kids. But, when I was not with the kids I got to hand around with the kids I used to be in group with. Having been out for 2 years, most of the kids that were my "peers" are now gone but it was CRAZY to see how the others have grown!

Initially the plan was to head out of town to a conference center for the weekend but, this wonderful winter weather we have been having changed our plans! The kids were so disappointed at first but I was so proud of them and their attitudes. They made the most of the situation as we were trapped in church for 48 hours!

And, yes, this group does have style...there was an 80's themed night and they went ALL out! Yes, I participated. No, I am not posting a picture! I am so glad I was NOT alive for this decade!Mrs. B's story time! The girls LOVE this time of night! It is a great way to calm down. Not even lying, it goes from pure chaos, to this is a matter of seconds!
sisters! Game playing...at 2 in the morning! It's been a while for me! =) More of the Yaggies hanging! The 80's themed game show night! Yes, that is our future Jr./Sr. class. And for clarification, by future I mean 2 years! YIKES! Nice J! Again, so glad I was NOT alive for this decade!
Miss Beth, as a very polite A called her, left her camera for A and Z to take pictures! Made for some great fun and gave me and Beth some great laughs that night!
This little boy has such admiration for his daddy and what he does. We went in to worship with the kids and when we got back to the room Z lead A and I in worship! So sweet and how wonderful to see praise coming from a 3 year old's lips! After the kids left I sat in the last 15 minutes of one of sessions.

2 comments:

  1. What a great remembrance of the weekend! LOVE the pictures=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you did such a good job! I hope to get better at this blogging thing and do something like you! Lovin you lots and lots!

    ReplyDelete