2.03.2010

training

My job is a training ground. Everyday presents itself with new challenges and things to work through. I am in the process of training for one of the biggest tasks God gives to people, parenthood.

Lately thought this guy seems to think that my "challenges" weren't challenging enough.
This is his true personality. He is happy and sweet, eats like a horse, he is content, he does not complain much.
I love watching him sleep! When I go to wake him up some times I wait a minute and just watch him! He is quiet and still. Peaceful.
He falls asleep anywhere, even my lap. A favorite is the car seat, por supuesto! =)
But, in the last 2 weeks he has given me a run for my money. I can't say everything but, most things I say, "no" about he looks right at me and does it anyway! I sat in astonishment the other day as he walked to the door way he knew not to go through, shoots the death glare at me, lifts his foot and firmly plants it just over the threshold on the other side. Time outs are becoming more and more frequent. I don't believe in the whole "don't say no, just redirect." Whatever, he would be redirecting all over the place!
A personal favorite is when I have to take something from him or move him away from somewhere. He starts up the motor and whines! I can't STAND whining! Can't stand it. It is this long moaning sound accompanied with occasional fussing and to give the final protest, he props open his mouth, shuts his eyes, and wails...yes, I said wails, until I give in...which does not happen, just FYI. It takes a few minutes and he is over it.
This we because I did not want him to choke on his lolly pop while I was driving...how dare I?
He is sweet. He copies everything I do...everything, as pictured below! =) I love this kid! He is a handful...but he is my handful! It is a training ground. I know that it won't be exactly like this when I have my own. I know that my training will begin when they come to me. However old they may be.
God's ways are not my own and I am so thankful for that. This training is rigorous and defeating sometimes. But, I wouldn't trade it right now. I am being paid to learn how to do the very thing I want to do with my life.
In the mean time I will be loving on this rotten boy even through his trying!

1 comment:

  1. Haha! Love it! You are experiencing toddlerhood before I get there, so I'll be coming to you for advice! :) Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete