11.29.2011

12 in 12

I honestly have such a hard time believing we are coming up on 2012! Where has
time gone?! I remember getting ready to graduate almost 4 years ago and thinking
that by this time I would coming up on graduating from college! Wow! My life has
taken a crazy turn far from any of those kinds of plans! I am so thankful to God
for it!

Coming up on this year I have been feeling impressed to make 2012
a year of accomplishments. I'm not talking huge, gigantic, life-changing
accomplishments. But simple, doable, just avoided accomplishments.The
reason I'm only sticking with 12 is because I'm an "inch by inch life's a cinch"
type person. I don't want to get to this point next year and wish that I hadn't
made such big plans. I want it to be a goal I can reach...will reach.

My hope is that this will be a kind of accountability. I plan to post here on my
progress so be sure to follow along as I inch by inch through 2012 planning to
enjoy it to the fullest!

So here's my 12 in 12!

#1 - Renewed time with God - Firmly establish a renewed way to spend
time with my Father. Not only that but a firm time. That includes getting up at
the same time to partake of His Word no matter what.

#2 - healthy vs. hype - Research the foods that are really healthy vs. what is just
hype. In hopes of establishing a better diet all around but potentially erasing
some of the digestion issues I've been having. Finding out what works for me and
not being persuaded by others and professionals that something else is better.
Finding the right make up to fit together a consumption that sticks!

#3 - preparing for future titles - Be intentional about praying for
and preparing to be a mrs. Do not read: "is in a relationship." But I am
confident that God is still shaping me to be a mrs. and my job is prepare for
that. I need to be in constant prayer for him and our life together!

#4 - Walking for the better - This includes two different things.
First, walking/jogging CONSISTENTLY throughout the week to improve over all
health and utilize the time to pray for my neighbors and friends. Second, to
take part in walks for causes throughout the year. Walk for life, Cancer
research walks, etc. Also some fun ones. I have already planned to participate
in the local Turkey Trot thanksgiving day with my Aunt and potentially my
sister!

#5 - oK - Plan and begin training to participate in a 5, 8, or 10K at least one time in 2013. Eventually working my way up to being able to do various other K's through the year. But like I said...inch by inch!

#6 - accountABILITY - Consistently meeting with a few girls as a disciple of Christ making disciples of Christ. Already enlisted 3 girls and plan to start the study before Christmas! God is good!

#7 - Habla better - Continue to work on improving my Spanish. The. End.

#8 - Crafty plans - pick and execute at least 5 projects from Pinerest that benefit me.

#9 - Good Gifts - Work on being intentional in my gift giving. Planning things out, making as
much as I can (this may include learning to sew...), and making it as personal as I can. Also loading up on my gift basket for those unavoidable surprise needed gifts...**side note** Black Friday is the PERFECT day to do this! Just loaded up on some games and DVD's for $3-4 each! Great gifts! Great price!

#10 - horizontal thinking - Be very intentional about the relationships around me. Parents, sisters, Bros-in-law, nephews, friends, cousins, people I work for, people in my past, people in my present, my pharmacist, check out lady, waiter. To erase "awkward" moments and be Christ to
those around me. Unhindered.

#11 - packing it in - Plan out beginning in January items to pick up throughout the year so that when the OCC deadline comes in November I will be ready with not 1 but 6 boxes to send! One for each age category and gender!

#12 - organi...where did I put that? - Find ways to better organize my calendar, budget, room, craft supplies, life!

2 comments:

  1. Love these goals. I feel like God showed me / I figured out how to do a lot of these things over the past year. Now I'm looking forward to implementing them from the beginning.

    It's nice to feel like I at least I have a grasp on being a grownup. Not that I have it down at all, but... hmm, thinking of a way to describe this: Ok -so "Grownup Me" showed up on my doorstep in a box the day after I graduated from college. (Unassembled.) And I've unpacked all her pieces and found the set of directions that are actually in English. Now I have the next 60 or so years to put her all together. :D

    Praying for you on your journey, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rach! I like the way you put that. I hate the term new year's resolutions...hate it! What I like about it is that I can plan from the beginning and have an end. I need to have a time frame or I won't ever let it happen! Thanks for the reminder that I have the next several decades to work on it! I had a hard time accepting single adulthood and knowing that this is where God had me pushed me to where I am mentally now!
    I love where and I am what He's got me involved in!
    We need to see each other pronto!
    te quiero chica!

    ReplyDelete