5.15.2012

An aunt's gotta do, what an aunt's gotta do!

It's no secret that there are two little boys in TN that have this aunt's heart!

Oh. My. Word!

There really isn't anything short of tossing (with enthusiasm) aside any responsibility I have, jumping on a plane and spending a week with those guys that I wouldn't do. Oh wait, I have done that! =)

Recently visits have been spread a little thin due to schedules and money. However skype has become our best friend! Many a mornings are spent face to computer screen enjoying bowls of oatmeal, dueling swords, or racing cars. We steal noses, tickle bellies, and lick cake batter bowls together all with the amazing gift of technology and a little imagination!

 Yesterday morning during our skype time my darling 3 year old Bito asked very earnestly to see my solider guys. Who would have thought that an 8 year old, buried deep-in-dust obsession would resurface for a 3 year old very interested in swords and fighting to get his boyish fill of imagination play time! Every visit since introducing him to my collection of Lord of The Rings plastic figures the house would be sprinkled with swords, axes, helmets, and shields! He loved to take his selection and play for hours! It has been months since he's seen these but his super sharp memory brought up the desire once more!
 Much to his dismay they were located behind the head of a sleeping baby and I just couldn't risk DESTROYING nap time for a few moments of LOTR viewing bliss. Making a very solid promise to text him a picture later that day we said our goodbyes and went on our way! Oh. yeah. me. Scum aunt moment came and went and I woke up this morning not only forgetting but having to face that oatmeal covered, serious face and beg for forgiveness!

"Tat's otay Hottie! I forgive you!"

Yet once again...nap time + cranky baby + buried toys = not happening...

...again!
 Grabbing a stack of post notes and a pen I quickly wrote down my plan to remember! He quickly worked on his plan not to let me forget! For the remaining 20 minutes of the call every 2 minutes or so he would so sweetly remind me NOT TO FORGET! How could I?

So as promised here are the solider guys for my nephew! This post has no meaning for the flow of my blog and won't hold any key part for "my story." However, if I had to categorize it I would say that this would fit in with the, "things so dear to my heart" category. Not the figurines! Not broken promises! But that boy in TN.
 So for all you Aunts out there, don't be afraid to give a little something to the special little people in your life! In fact devote a whole entire post to one of them in particular! Be it solider guys or a video of a crazy dance you do! Let go of perfect blog post and embrace the eternal ones! Even if you do take highly unflattering pictures of yourself entirely too close to a work out with no make up and a mop head!
Alright my delusional banana! This aunt loves you a pretty huge much! Enjoy the pictures of the solider guys! I can't wait to play them with you in person! Soon, very soon little boy! Te AMO MUCHO!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Holly- I know you'll think Im crazy, but you look absolutely beautiful with your curls up and clean face! Wish all of us could look like that with so little effort! Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete