5.31.2012

May Madness!

I've barely been able to blog in May and now it's over! I still can't seem to grasp that time moves at the same speed now that it did when I was a kid. The days were long, nights longer. Sleep was over-rated, and work seemed to take forever! Imagination took over my days and I had a hard time turning off this pretend world that didn't exist at the end of the day! Now, at 22, I crash in bed after being up for 16+ hours filled with juice cups, diaper changes, laundry sorting, email writing, picking up toys, and picking up toys again. I feel like I never get enough sleep, there isn't enough time to finish my work, my days fly by and the nights seem shorter than ever!

However, in the midst of this craziness I am thankful to the Father for where He has me right now! Even among the craziness! Not a day goes by where I can't remember a time I saw His hand working the 24 previous hours. He is faithful. He is just. He is patient.

May has been a bit of a learning month for me. Learning to let go and at the same time hold on even tighter. God again presented the lesson of patience. I wanted what I wanted and it blinded me to some truths that could have kept my heart from straying too far. Coming face to face with the large pile of truths that didn't contain an ounce of desired product and deducting what I was to do with it tested more than patience. It tested my ability to hold to my standards, convictions, and bottom line the confidence I had in my Savior.

No, it wasn't life altering. I won't "remember" every detail of the last month. It won't follow me every day to proceed. The lessons I pray the Father keeps fresh in my mind but the means that were used He has stated that He will and does remove as far as the East is from the West. Let me save you some thinking, that's pretty far!

On a different note, May has also held it's fair share of fun! This past weekend was the annual Memorial Day Camping Trip! 2-3 days of "getting away." As a church we pack up tents coolers, and swimming gear and hit the lake, river, or beach from some time together with each other and the Father! This year was  bit different because of the who and what the group was made up of. Still tons of fun and a memorable trip! Pictures to come soon!

As for now I will leave you with some pictures of the last few weeks! Enjoy scrolling through my May!

A day at the park with one of my dearest friends and her babies and my sisters!





 My sister's all girls choir's spring concert! They sing so b.e.a.u.t.i.f.u.l.l.y.!

Friend's graduation!

No comments:

Post a Comment