11.27.2012

4 year old theology

-Lala?

-Yes baby.

-I don't want the devil to be making messes in my heart.

-Oh?

-yes, I want Jesus in my heart and the devil can't be in my heart if Jesus is in my heart.

-Well, do you know what you have to do?

-Yes, I have to say the name of Jesus! See, JESUS!

-Well there is more...

-what?

-You have to tell God about all the sin in you and then you have to ask Him to take it away and come live in you. You have to make that choice. No one can do it for you.

-Well how does the devil stay away?

-Jesus has a whole lot more power than the devil ever had! He is the light of the world and the devil can not be around the light at all!

-Because Jesus is Lord over everything?

-Yes, because Jesus is Lord over everything.

-But, He's not Lord over me?

-That's a choice you have to make yourself baby. No one else can make that for you.

*silence*

-Can Jesus be in everyone's heart?

-Only if they ask.

-I want Jesus to be in my heart. But not right now.

If you skip to 4:40 seconds you can see the song that spurred this precious conversation with my 4 year old this morning. My friends, I learned a powerful lesson this morning. I learned that you are never too young to be convicted by the Father. I don't know how the Father is working in this child's heart. Quite frequently we have a couple lined conversations about how Jesus makes the devil go away, or how he doesn't want the devil in him. Never in my years have I seen someone so request the Gospel. There is no way he doesn't know the truth and everything in me I believe that at his 4 year old capacity he understands.

I am praying for a real and completely clear understanding of where this little boys stands. God may not see it for His glory for me to know but I am praying He does. My heart's desire is for this little boy to come to a saving knowledge of the Father's gift meant just for him.

I know that God plans and sets things in motion that don't always come to the outcome we think it needs to. In the mean time I don't know where He is taking him but I know that He has convicted me in so many ways. Oh, the faith of this child. Oh, his precious heart of understanding things so black and white. Oh, the longing for comfort in structure. I don't know the things God is preparing him for but He has sure prepared me for some tough questions later on!

His ways, aren't my ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment