12.23.2013

leaving heaven

I have decided to break a little from blogging through the end of the year! I have two posts (this and another) that will go up but nothing consistent or up-to-date until 2014. God has given me two full weeks completely off. No work, no teaching, no nothing. I am really looking forward to some family time and relaxation.

I have been reminded in a fresh way this year of the Father's great love for us. I think my students are getting tired of me learning new things because I can't wait to share them and then I talk on and on about them! The thing of it is, God so loved us that He sent His Son from the splendor and glory of Heaven to touch the earth in an unforgettable way. He broke the barrier between us and Him with the gift of a baby, all in the name of love. I can't seem to wrap my mind around the God of the universe laying wrapped in my arms.

Matthew West released this a few years ago but it hadn't found it's way to my ears until this year. I posted the lyrics below. My heart rejoices for that dirty manger, small town, and those days on this broken earth. At the end of the song he wraps up John 3:16 in one phrase. "And if you wonder how much my love is worth, you should know, I'm the reason you'll be seeing heaven." God's plan is glorious and beautiful and I am so thankful His love makes me valuable.

Listen and read along and remember to praise the Father, so full of love, for the gift that can't be wrapped under the tree!  


Well, it’s been real nice, living way up here. 
In paradise, over the atmosphere. 
But I can’t stay long, gotta make my way, 
I’m leaving Heaven today. 

You see the world is dark and it needs a light, 
I’m gonna hang a star in the eastern sky.
So everybody’s gonna know where I touch down. 
I’m leaving Heaven right now. 

I’m gonna walk around that broken Earth. 
Trading in these streets of gold. 
So if you ever wonder how much you’re worth, 
You should know, 
That you’re the reason why I’m leaving Heaven. 

Ain’t gonna be no kingdom, 
ain’t gonna be no crown. 
Just a little old manger, 
in a little old town. 
But it’ll do just fine for this humble King. 
I’m leaving Heaven let all the angels sing. 

I’m gonna walk around that broken Earth. 
Trading in these streets of gold, 
So if you ever wonder how much you’re worth, 
You should know, 
You’re the reason why I’m leaving Heaven. 

And when my time comes to an end. 
I’ll lay down my life like a truest friend. 
And when I get back home, I’m gonna make some room. 
So, don’t you worry, ‘cause I’m coming back for you. 

And you will say goodbye to that broken Earth. 
You’re gonna walk on streets of gold. 
And if you ever wonder what my love is worth, 
well you should know, 
That I’m the reason you’ll be seeing Heaven. 
Oh, you’re the reason why I’m leaving Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment