12.08.2013

Wedding weekend!


 Whew! What a few days this has been! I am feeling exhausted and slightly sick but what a great weekend to show for it!


I posted this picture a while ago about this girl getting married! Well yesterday it finally happened! All the months of preparation and planning resulted in a wonderful day of celebration!
The weather was supposed to be rainy and yuck but the clouds held back the wet and we just grinned and bared the cold!

She was a beautiful bride and I was honored to stand with her as she said, 'I do.' She asked me to do her hair for the wedding several weeks ago. I did a few practice rounds beforehand. Two days before the wedding her sister asked me to do her hair. The day before the wedding another bridesmaid asked for help and finally the day of the wedding I received a text from one of the other bridesmaids asking for help! While we were busy getting ready the mother of the flower girl asked me to spice up her little girl's hair. I ended up doing all but two of the hair styles in this wedding! It was fun and I am honored they asked!
Here is her hair. This was the second trial run!

Something else I was SUPER excited about was the price I spent for everything as a bridesmaid! But that is another post! *teehee*

My weekend didn't begin Friday, unfortunately. I tried explaining to my uncle that my weekend begun with the weekend activities on Wednesday but still acted like a week during the day! EVER exhausting, but fun!  

Wednesday we took Bean's friend and my student with us as a family to a local Christmas tradition! It is a live, walk-through tour of Bethlehem leading up to Jesus' birth and then following Him and His disciples through to after the Resurrection. The night was awesome! It usually takes several hours of waiting and walking but we had a good night!

 Thursday my family was able to spend the evening together volunteering for ShowHOPE again! We were thrilled when they asked us! For me, this is about as close to my heart's cry as I can get right now! God has been so faithful to meet that desire in my heart by allowing me to be a part of nights like this.
Plus, we were able to attend my MOST favorite concerts of ALL TIME! For fourteen years Andrew Peterson has been leading the Behold the Lamb of God tour with a collection of artists. It is by far one of my most favorite things to do! I have been to this concert three times now and it hasn't gotten old yet! If it is coming to a city near you I encourage you to go! The tickets are always $10. That is it! Get a sitter, better yet, take them with you and go to a good great concert! 

Of course Friday was the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner and Saturday was the wedding! By the time I got home yesterday evening I crashed! Still don't feel like I have caught up on sleep entirely but I am thankful I am through the craziness that was this last weekend! 

The big ice storm that came through kept us at home this morning so we decided to do some decorating! It was a nice morning and afternoon together getting our house Christmas ready! We still have some to do outside but the tree is up and things look like the most wonderful time of year!
I hope everyone had a blessed weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment