1.02.2015

another year over

a new one has just begun.

And just like that it is the second day of January. I'd like to think that I am packing away the memories of 2014 with fondness but I'll be pretty blunt and honest. It took a great deal of hard looking at the truth to remember the good in this year. In comparison to 2013 you may ask what I have to complain about. And you would be right. However, in many ways 2014 was, at times, harder.

Even in light of what I just said, 2014 also held a great deal of growth. Just like all growth it was accompanied with pain, but it in the end it made a beautiful chapter in the story.

I am not determined to make 2015 a year of anything. I know that leads to disheartened discontentment and failure. I am determined to do one thing. That is, give this year. All 12 months, 52 weeks, 365 days to the one that made it. Wake every day knowing and proclaiming that this is the day the Lord has made. Waking with rejoicing on my lips and being glad in it. I don't know what it will hold and I am ok with that because I know who holds it.

Happy 2015! May the peace of our Lord and Savior be with you! Looking forward to what lies ahead!




No comments:

Post a Comment