11.30.2009

The brave ones

I don't in any way condone MTV and the things that they promote. That is not my position for writing this post. With that said, my sister told me about this show that MTV had done called 16 and pregnant. I have not seen the other episodes but I was finally able to catch the last 20 minutes of one of the episodes. I did not know their story. I came in where they were giving birth to the daughter they had chosen to give up.

For a few heart wrenching moments there teenagers agonize over the decision they made for their child to have a better life. It is painful to watch, I can not even BEGIN to imagine the intensity to live it.

In this particular episode, Catelynn and Tyler are 17 at the oldest. They did not make the right choices and it resulted in pregnancy. They chose, in maturity that was huge, to give their child up for adoption. A couple adopted their baby girl.

As I watched it dawned on me how brave these mothers are. Your immediate reaction is for the children and the life they will have and if you know me these kids have my heart. But for this mother to hand her child to, in essence, strangers and trust them with this life that she has carried for nine months is HUGE! There are several people near and dear to my heart that if it not for these ladies, I would not have the pleasure of knowing.

My heart goes out to these women who are choosing life for their children.

Mark Shultz recently put out a song telling of this very thing. He too was given up for adoption and now looking back wants to thank his birth mother for the sacrifice she made. Make sure you turn off my playlist.





Again, if you know me, you know I don't get "emotional..." all that much. But, believe me when I say that I was crying like a baby as these teenagers handed their daughter to her parents.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Annie- now I'm crying again remembering that episode and watching the music video. Very sweet though. I can hardly imagine that heartwrenching descicion, but like you, applaud their bravery.

    ReplyDelete