11.21.2009

follow You

Leeland's new song has been played out on the radio stations here. It is not a bad song, it is just getting to the point of too much.

But, I love the words.

You lived among the least of these
The weary and the weak
And it would be a tragedy for me to turn away.

All my needs you have supplied.
When I was dead you gave me life.
How could I not give it away so freely?

And I'll follow you into the homes that are broken.
Follow you into the world.
Meet the needs for the poor and the needy God.

Follow you into the World.
Use my hands, use my feet
To make your kingdom come
Through the corners of the earth
Until your work is done'
Cause Faith without works is dead
And on the cross your blood was shed
So how could I not give it away so freely?
And I'll follow you into the homes that are broken.
Follow you into the world.
Meet the needs for the poor and the needy God.
Follow you into the World.
I give all myself.I give all myself
I give all myself... to you.
And I give all myself.
Yes, I give all myself.
And I give all myself... to you.
And I'll follow you into the homes that are broken
Follow you into the world.
Meet the needs for the poor and the needy God.
Follow you into the World.
I have loved taking many trips following God to many places in the states and in Central and South America as well as here where I live. At random I find myself thinking about the many people I came across and wonder where they are. Let me take you on a trip for a minute...a trip that is, on the trips God has taken me.
For 3 years I went on spring trips to Maryland. Spending the days canvasing some of Baltimore's roughest streets and ministering with the local churches.

One summer I spent in New Jersey ministering to the teens at a local teen center, doing back yard Bible clubs, and loving on the kids at boys and girls like-clubs all over the cities of New Brunswick and North Brunswick.

In 2007 I spent 10 days in Hermosillo, Mexico. I spent 4 days prayer walking and distributing Gospels of John throughout the city. I met several amazing people and God grew me so much.

2008 was my home year. We stayed here to minister and love on the community. We held a week long summer camp offering several tracks (my track was all about girls! The pictures speak for themselves) while delivering the message of the Gospel to some who had never heard.

3 months ago I visited a place that has not left my heart! My prayer before I left on the trip was that God would break my heart for what broke His. He developed in me a love for those people that I never would have expected. I don't easily feel attached to people and for me to spend a matter of days with them and miss them is odd.
Anyway, me and a team of 15 from my church spent 9 days in the mountains of Peru continuing the ministry my church has started among the people in San Jose de Quero and Usibamba.

I love when God takes me...I am learning to love when God leaves me too. It is harder for me to see what I am doing for Him in my every day life. When I think about it I can find several ways to make Him more famous right where I am without stepping one foot outside of my yard. I don't know where God will take me next. It may be here or away. Where ever it may be I can't wait to see how He will work!

2 comments:

  1. Annie! I love it! You have done an incredible job so far! Just so you know, while I am reading and commenting on your blog listening to your playlist, Harrison is dancing to the music! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH- you're finally a blogger- in reality, not just at heart! We'll enjoy following you, you know at 3 am, when I get all MY stuff done! We love you! I wish you were with me tonight- we were ministering at a mobile home park and a woman asked if I spoke spanish ( in spanish- I guess it's the hair) so I laughed and told her very poorly. We found out about their needs- they are so great. There are so many times I need my spanish- I am so glad you followed through on that- God's really going to use you with it! Love you! R

    ReplyDelete