3.28.2010

An aunt for a year

Today is my nephew's first birthday! In some ways it is crazy that he has been with us for that long. In other ways it seems like yesterday my sister called to tell us they were headed to the hospital.
12 months ago I was supposed to babysit but, we got that phone call and I was out of there! =)
I could BARELY drive I was so excited! After driving for 2 hours we all landed in the waiting room for several more hours. It seemed to take FOREVER before we heard ANYTHING!
But now this little boy is here and has changed SO much in his little life! It is pure craziness how much he has each of us SO wrapped!
I love this little boy SO much! I love his smile and his laugh!
I love his sweet little boy noises! I love his curiosity!
I love how STINKING cute he looks in EVERYTHING we put on him!
I love how excited he gets over the smallest things!

I love his messiness!
I love when we squishes his nose!
I love that he know how to be a ham for the camera...already!

I love his GORGEOUS blue eyes!


I love his precious rolls and his glorious belly and his VERY kissable cheeks and fuzzy head and chubby toes and all the other little things that make him...him!
Most of all Bubby, I love calling you nephew! You made this girl one PROUD aunt! I can not believe that you are 1 already! I love you SO much precious boy! I am praying for your second year. I can't wait to see how God is going to continue to grow you to be the man he is calling you to be!

I love you Bubby! Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, this is so sweet! You made me misty-eyed! You are a great aunt and I am so proud he has you to look up to!

    ReplyDelete