1.14.2011

Peru


Ok, as promised here is the Peru post. I know it's been a long time coming but since January and February are filled with some many things to do I just might not get time again...(that was sarcasm in case you couldn't read into enough! Jan & Feb have to be 2 of my least favorite months. Too cold to go outside. No holidays. Long, cold, typically an unhealthy 50 days or so. I'm not complaining but, I'm well, complaining!)




Peru was 2 months ago...in fact, this day 2 months ago I was standing at the airport baggage claim still 2 hours away from home...anyway, so details might be a bit fuzy but, I'll do my best! =)




This post will come in 3 parts, travel there, mountain time, travel back. There is WAY TOO much to fit into one post and still make sense!





Like I had mentioned in previous posts this trip was very different from other trips. To begin, I was not going with people that I had not really spent much time with before. A family friend was going and several others I knew but no one particurly "close." After loading a bus, saying goodbye, and driving 2 hours we checked in at the airport and went through the long process lovingly called security. Passport check after passport check, security tags, screenings...etc! We finally made it to our gate to wait. Yes, my LEAST favorite part of travel.



2 planes later we landed in Peru! By the time we made it through Lima traffic, checked in at the hotel, took showers, and settled in it put our bed time closer to 3 a.m. Oof! It was a long day!
The next day by far puts the prior day to shame! 8 (if you're lucky) LLLLOOONNNGGG hours winding and curving 15,000 feet up the Andes Mountains. Your head hurts, your backside hurts, you hurt. But, you land in Hauncayo for the last night of "comfort" before heading out into the villages.
Hauncayo is fairly small compared to Lima but






























No comments:

Post a Comment