1.24.2011

Peru final

Finally reaching the end of the trip (in pictures)! Whew, it's taken me long enough! =)
The drive down is 10 hundred times prettier than the ride up. The same can't be said for the Dramamine dependant people who spend most of it doubled over or extra loopy from the meds they have taken just to survive it!
It is the "back way" down up there. There is the way through all the towns and this way. They are night in day, in size, view, ease, etc. This way is my favorite!
Where else would you get views like that?!
They were that close to the car!

It had snowed the night before we drove down.

This is what I mean by the size difference. We rounded the corner and this was our view...I had been asleep when we slammed on the breaks so much I fell into the seat in front of me and looked up to see this! Thankfully our driver was super talented! =)


This was passing with a LOT of room! =)
Taking in some of the views!
Lima, finally! It is a coastal town and Friday night when we finally got there we went out to eat at Larco Mar. It is an outdoor(ish) mall that is built into the side of rock heading down to the beach. At the top you can look and see more of the coast. This was looking back South down the coast to where it was all lit up!
Gas station in the middle of the road. You don't want to stop for too long!
Because I'm the baby, that's why!
People hang-gliding over the coast!
The clearest I have ever seen it!
Yui, Bren and I spent the day pretty much getting lost in Lima. I was the youngest and probably the biggest adventurer. Yui would have gone along for anything but Bren had to keep us focused. After spending several hours in the Inca Market we roamed the streets, looking at different things, grabbing bites to eat, etc. At the end of the day I wanted to go to the beach and kept asking. I kept trying to convince her it would be ok and when I finally got her there she was so thankful I did!
Like I said!
I mean really, the view is worth being late for a meeting. =)

Our hotel
This is the daughter of one of my youth leaders when I was in high school. I loved being in her class and so I did not pass up the opportunity to spend a little time with them when we were there! They moved to Peru a little over 2 years ago and now have 2 daughters!
Yui and their other daughter!
Me with all the Nelson ladies!
In the airport I found this stand...interesting!
I am so thankful God called me to Peru again this past year! I loved being there again and again, I can't wait to go back. I had the opportunity to spend quite a bit of time there this summer but God had directed me elsewhere...if you know me, you know I was trying to convince God that this is what I was supposed to do! But, His ways are better than mine and I have to trust that He has another plan that is far greater than Peru!

No comments:

Post a Comment