9.07.2011

mine vs. mind

On Labor Day some friends and I decided to head to the mountains to a local orchard and pick peaches. This was a new experience for most, including me!
DSCN0777
DSCN0776
I have been apple picking in the fall nearly every year for as long as I can remember and took a group last year. This year we decided peaches would be fun! We had been planning to go since before Father's Day and this was the first day that was made available!
DSCN0779
I have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know this group of people. I enjoy the church and have for a while but often we do things outside of services and dinners it is just this group give or take a few. Most of them are around the same age and there is nothing "there" that makes things like this uncomfortable (*whispers* if you catch what I'm saying!).
DSCN0794
After a wet day of picking peaches we headed back to the pastor's house for dinner and movies. This quickly turned into dinner and an English lesson. One of the guys asked me to help him with his English and then it morphed into a full fledged class...we will see how this goes! =)

On of the words that they had the hardest time saying is "mind." They chop the "d" off so it becomes mine. After several failed attempts from a lot of them I looked at them and asked, "your what?" Needless to say English jokes aren't really understood yet! haha!
DSCN0800
It was a fun day all in all!

No comments:

Post a Comment