3.13.2012

Banana Whip

Whew! Wedding week month ok, fine, half a year is over. After tons of planning, hundreds of cookies and chunks of pineapple, 2 "I do's," and a toss of the bouquet the happily married couple was off! I will update more on all of this and other events soon, very soon!

As for now I want to leave you with a clean eating recipe that I have stumbled upon and L.O.V.E! If you are looking for a fun cool treat this is just the thing! My mind has been running all day long with the possibilities but I will update on those later {if they work out! =D}!

Banana Whip!

Peel and slice a couple bananas and put in a bag in the freezer. This step is VERY important.

a. if you don't peel and slice the banana it will be an absolute NIGHTMARE with a frozen banana in the peel!

b. if you don't freeze them then you won't have the texture, consistency, of temperature that you are looking for. **You can NOT freeze it after it's whipped. It doesn't whip!**

Take your frozen banana and throw it in your food processor. I used our hand held processor tool! Worked WONDERS!

It takes some time to get it all chunked up but be patient! Once it's all processed pour in about 1/4 cup of almond milk {you can use whatever milk you prefer but I love the way almond gives it a smooth nutty taste!} and continue in the food processor until it is all whipped. It does whip! It's CRAZY! I will try to get a picture of it next time! I ate it too fast this time! =)

Some variations that you could try is to throw a tsp. of cocoa powder, some strawberries, or nuts in towards the end of it's whipping process! It is so smooth! So tasty! So YUM!

Hope to have a real update soon! For now, go enjoy some WHIP!

No comments:

Post a Comment