3.04.2013

Birthday Weekend #YOLOmondays

This past weekend I celebrated my 23rd birthday!Yikes! Where did the last 2 . (almost)5 decades go?! I have realized the older I have gotten just how much I love birthdays! I enjoy planning and plotting the details of someone's big day. I can't wait to have my kids to plan parties and festivities. In the mean  time I throw all my pinned up excitement into celebrating the milestones and years of others! 

So, when it came time to celebrate mine, my parents didn't disappoint! One of my ALL TIME FAVORITE cities is Washington DC. After they spent a weekend there for their anniversary back in August my desire to do the same mounted! At the beginning of February they told me to cancel all plans, meetings, and events for that weekend and pack my bag!
After I got off Friday we loaded the car and headed up! My sister and her family just completed their move to the area so they were able to join us along with my other sister and her hubby! It was a family affair and I loved it!

We toured all over Embassy Row! It was so much fun to see how each country represents itself in our nation's capital! It's not exactly a secret that Peru holds a special place in my heart. I really wanted to stop by the Peruvian Embassy and so my dad worked hard to get me there! We finally made it there and played slingshot for a quick picture! Score!

Chinatown was on my list of importance! I had NO idea that DC had a Chinatown until recently and I really wanted to go! We got some awesome food and walked up and down DC in Chinese! So fun!
Holding hands with Aunt Hot!
Playing around on the vision mirrors at the end of a driveway!
Oh.My.Word. We had dinner at Panas! AMAZING stuffed dough, baked to perfection, and melts in your mouth with their firework in the mouth making sauce! Heaven...simply heaven! I would drive to DC, just for the empanadas!
For my birthday eve dessert Dad treated me (and everyone else!) to a fun dessert from Dean and Deluca's. It was so fun to get some desserts that I would never have gotten otherwise, simply because of price.


Lincoln!

signature move!

Me and Abe!


When we arrived home that night my sister, who had to head home a day before us, came by to pick up some of their stuff and left me a message! 

It was a fabulous weekend away with my family! Happy Monday!

stillbeingmolly

No comments:

Post a Comment