7.17.2013

2 years

Given the events of the last few weeks I was so thankful to upload the pictures from my camera and find such fun and sweet memories sprinkled in the recent days as well. Great is Your faithfulness, oh God my Father!! 

This last weekend was the middle man's second birthday! I remember the day this child was born but not for very happy reasons. I was stuck 600 miles away while my parents and sister loved on him and his big brother, mommy, and daddy. For 15 miserable days I was separated from them and meeting the newest addition. Thankfully it didn't last too long and I was able to hold him at long last!
The theme was construction and my sister set me loose on the decorations. This is my favorite part of parties and so I went a little crazy! 

Just to warm everyone...don't buy emergency/construction grade/marking spray paint. It DOES NOT STICK TO CARDBOARD!!! Do you see all those orange signs? Look pretty good, yes? From afar they are great. But for heaven's sake, do not touch them. You will look like you stuck your hand in a Doritos bag! UGH! 
For the "road work ahead" sign I ended up scraping the paint on the sides to be able to paint the black around the edge. I had to use E6000 to paste the letters on. Good grief!
Other than the dreaded orange paint, I simply LOVE how things turned out! We included J's special oggie (stuffed dog) in the fun! Along with some of Papa's things from his years of work in this field and some supplies from his shop we made an awesome 2 year old construction party!



One of J's most favorite things is Yo HO (Jake and the Neverland Pirates). When Grandma and Grandpa landed this awesome gift he didn't take it off the remaining of the party! Notice him using his sword to open the packages! hah!
He also LOVED the weed whacker!

Sneaking oreos!
Blowing out the candles!
Tackle time with Aunt Madalee!


After the party I stayed with my sister and her family for a week. We spent the days playing all over NOVA and even spent a day in DC! We had a blast and I loved a time away getting refreshed!
I just love this view!

One looking...
...and the other...
Now them both!!! Gosh, I love these boys!
National conservatory!


I just love sunflowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment