7.28.2013

chalkboard fun!

I posted last week that a friend and I threw a shower for my lifetime friend as she prepares to welcome Miss Serenity! As part of the decorations and as a gift I wanted to make a personalized chalkboard with little Miss's name! 

I was looking for a frame to paint myself but when I found this on the clearance rack at Christmas tree shoppe, I just couldn't resist! $6, yeah baby!! The edges are JUST the look I was going for.
 I took the glass out and sprayed it with chalkboard paint. BEST. INVENTION. EVER! Everyone should have a can, or 5! I put a good 3 coats on with a decent drying time in between, 20-30 minutes.
 After packing it all back in the frame and making it nice and tight, I decided to add some more fun! Rosettes are TOO easy to make! Check out these tutorials!
Cherry Street Cottage - fabric flower tutorial
Maize Hutton - frayed flower tutorial
I added some buttons and arranged the flowers like I wanted! 
 I just love the finished result!!! Cute, Cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment