9.05.2013

Eagle's Wings

I kind of feel like a marathon runner. I will be completely honest, I have never run a marathon. I have done a 10k but that is my extent for distance covered. Maybe after this I will be found doing one. We will have to wait and see. But, I can only imagine that there is a point in race that you get to the middle and think that you have nothing left. Then the finish line comes in view and suddenly the distance doesn't seem like such a feat. Once you cross the finish line, you are filled with adrenaline and emotions and your body, though void of energy and strength, celebrates the miles behind you.
I confess this week has felt this way.
It was a week ago today that we got a call turning things upside down and dumping them out again. Little did we know what was ahead of us.
He had been at school and studying. He stood up to get something and had a massive headache. He explained it as something he never felt before. He saw someone across the lobby and was able to introduce himself before he passed out. I'll save you the icky details. A matter of time later the emergency squad got him to the emergency room. Hours, a number of tests, and too many anxious paces back and forth got him admitted with an unknown mass in his head. Five exhausting days later, J went into surgery.
Early Tuesday morning my dad, one of the pastors of our church, and myself stood hand in hand and prayed over the long day ahead. Then we waited. Never in my life have I sat in one place so long just for a 43 second phone call and a 5 minutes consultation with the surgeon. Eight and a half hours later we were able to emerge from the waiting room to figure out the "what's next."
The short story, we don't know what's next. Thankfully the Father gives us light for the next step. Not the next year. He holds J's future and that is a comfort. We will hear from pathology tomorrow on what is going on. We will make a plan for treatment then.
We've spent the last week on our knees. The Father has answered. He loves us so much and He has not left us alone. We are not discouraged or dismayed. We are waiting on the Lord and those eagle's wings. We are tired and empty but not weary.
I was able to see him last night and "communicate" a little. He is still very medicated and out of it. But he looks good. The second picture shows his first communication with us. Eyes closed and in Spanish and English. Lots of brain activity to deliver that message! Praise!

Please pray:
- J's ultimate healing. God knows what that means and I am praying Gethsemane prayers right now. I know that God's will is what I want. I pray specifically but for HIS will!
- J's brother. He is tired. He needs strength and encouragement and peace that only the Father can give.
- J's testimony has been phenomenal. He has not missed a moment to be sharing Christ with anyone who will listen.
- wisdom. peace. joy. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Anne-Holly, I was tearing up while reading but the floodgate opened up when I saw the picture of everyone on their knees in the hospital. God has got Him in the palm of His hands, but we are still praying big prayers on his behalf! Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are documenting this and taking pictures of what is transpiring. It's a picture book of God at work! Praying! Love you!

    ReplyDelete