9.03.2013

words

Other than the loud chatter coming from the group across the room there is relatively little noise. Two of us have computer's open trying to get work done but our focus isn't there. Someone is pacing the hall. Two others are commenting back and forth over trivial things. And I, well I am here. Getting no work done and feeling less than motivated. I wouldn't choose to be anywhere else but I feel helpless here.

We are two and a half hours into a ten plus hour surgery.  No word. No notification.

We are 5 days into an innumerable amount of days of recovery. No idea of the future. No "potential outcome."

The air is cold and sterile. The mood, somber.

In spite of the picture I just painted I can't get over the hope I feel this morning. We are tired. We are worn. We don't know what God's shaping but there is an odd sense of comfort knowing He holds our next hours, days, and weeks.

I know that through the cross victory is not only obtainable but probable.

I know that by the broken stone and the empty grave that J's fight has already been won.

I know that by His countless promises to be with us, He is here right now.

I know that by the stillness my heart feels, my God of Peace, Shelter, and love has wrapped His arms around me.

Please continue to lay us, specifically J before the throne of the Father. There is nothing my God can not do. Nothing.

1 comment: