9.02.2013

surround me

Right now, I am sitting in an ICU waiting room.
Right now, I have a friend awaiting intense brain surgery tomorrow.
Right now, He is scared.
Right now, I am thinking how just 7 days ago this wasn't even on our radar.
Right now, if words aren't being spoken laterally, you can be well assured they are being directed heavenward.
Right now, we are weary.
Right now, we know that power in ourselves and each other is powerless in this situation.
Right now, not a one of us can think what tomorrow, this weekend, or next week will look like.
Right now, the unknown scares us.

Right now, God isn't surprised by this at all. 

The same hands that formed the stars in the sky hold my friend. The same fingers that painted the stripes on the zebra will direct the surgeon's hands. The same power that split the red sea, rained fire from heaven, and rose from the grave will be at work, is at work. The same gentle healer that raised the lame, put words back in the mouth of the dumb and opened the eyes of someone born without sight, will heal him. The same peace that is promised without comprehension will guard our hearts, his heart, and the uncertain outcome.

At the top of my lungs
At the end of my rope
When there's nothing to lose
And I'm fresh out of hope.
You surround me.
You surround me.
You surround me. 

No one else can love me the way that you can. 
I don't have to understand. 

1 comment:

  1. Aren't we so thankful that HIS ways are not our ways, and that we don't have to over think any of it, because He knows exactly how things are going to go. I'm am so thankful I get to walk beside you on this journey! Te quiero mi hermana! <3

    ReplyDelete