2.24.2014

two dozen years: a note to the younger me




1990
Today I celebrate my 24th birthday. 
Kind of sounds old to me. 
It marks a complete transition from young adult to full adult. 
Officially old and boring. Ha! But that's only half true. I have been pretty old and boring for most of my life. It's true! I would rather eat my apple than my ice cream, read a thesaurus than a novel, or watch a documentary than a romantic comedy. 

But that's not why we are here. 

*I want to go on record first by saying my sister think this is the weirdest and most vain post I have ever written. It's my birthday, so it's ok!*

After 24 years I have somethings to say, to myself. At least to the last 24 years of me.

#1 - Don't take everything so seriously.

1991
#2 - learn to be truly thankful for everything. Even the bad.
1992
 #3 - God has given you everything you need. Sometimes that requires you to use the brain He gave you but He has provided.



#4 - Thank you for discovering new things.


1994
#5 - It's ok to cry every once in a while. It's not a sign of weakness.

1995
#6 - Learn to seek after the Father when you're young. It is a hard thing to learn when you grow up.

1996
#7 - Sometimes staying quiet in a situation is the wisest thing you can say.




#8 - When you're uncomfortable, say something.

1998

1998

#9 - When you are hurting, say something.


#10 - Don't be afraid to be just a little bit silly. The opinion of kid looking up to you is a lot more important than the "friend" looking down on you.


#11 - Cherish. your. family.



#12 - Strive for excellence, work hard, and accept your best.



#13 - Know when to stop.

2004
#14- Speak the truth.

2005
 #15 - Love without holding back.

2006
 #16 - Thank you for persevering through. The outcome in those areas has been awesome to watch unfold!

2007
 #17 - Love deeply, and don't stop there...love more.

2008
 #18 - Don't rush.

2009
 #19 - Thank you for following your God and not your passions. He lead you to the things you loved because you loved Him.

2010
#20 - Every half-empty glass is, in fact, half-full at the EXACT same time. Learn to embrace both.

2011
 #21 - Thank you for taking chances.

2012

#22 - Embrace your nerdness. It's awesome.



#23 - Hide the Word in your heart. Hide some more and then some more. Make your heart a treasure chest of Truth.

2014
#24 - Celebrate, even if you are the only one.

I wish you all a happy day today!

Linking up with:
Funday Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment