11.16.2010

Diri-what?

Whew! In some aspects it seems like a whirlwind of a week and in other way I feel like it has been a lifetime at least since I have even dreamed of blogging! I can not believe my Peru trip is over. It seems like yesterday I was signing up!

Over all it was an amazing week! These two ladies made the week about 10x more enjoyable to than if they had not been there! Here is where the title comes in. The one of my right is from Japan and speaks Japanese, English, and Spanish fluently! The one of my left is from Puerto Rico and speaks English and Spanish fluently! Needless to say I was the odd ball here! =) Miss Japan challenged me to memorize a verse in Spanish. Went well and we kept going! We ended up only memorizing 4 by the end of the week but hey, 4 is better than 0 and it's a start! =) The first verse we memorized was Luke 9:23. The first word is 'DirigiƩndose.' For the LIFE of me I could not say the word! I finally mastered it!...kinda!I experienced things that I never have before. I learned things taught be some people who surprised me. I loved being back and wouldn't trade this past week for anything.

This is someone I met while we were there. We have worked with her mom for 3 years now and she is a strong believer. Sandra just recently prayed to receive Christ. I witnessed her baptism and her 7 month old son's dedication!
I guess you could say a piece of my heart is still there!
I will do a real post later including pictures from the trip! For now this will have to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment