4.30.2010

Nanny Notes - Entertainment

I began working with kids in 2003. I was young and had no idea what I was doing. Since then I have spent much of my time being a mother's helper, also known as, a mom's sanity break! Several babysitting endevours, and the past 2 years I have been a nanny in every part of the word! Now looking back over the last 7 years I have learned much and lived to tell about it! =) Welcome to Nanny Notes! Take what you may and enjoy some extras not otherwise thought of!

This episode is on the "E" word. Entertainment. I am NOT one to "entertain" kids. I am SO for helping them learn to play on their own. But, sometimes they would like to do something else. I get it. And I am not against some moving pictures!

The little boy I am watching now is only 20 months old. He is not a TV kid so I find these perfect for him. I mostly use the Hap Palmer - Baby songs on the right in the second category, Children Songs. They are the perfect time frame and don't loose his attention before it is up. I can usually tell when he is getting bored but, more often than not he lasts a little longer than 1 song.

We first found these and he LOVES them. He has watched them out and that is why we moved to the ones above! Click on the video button on the top and then browse or click away! My monkey loves the one by Feist and both of the ABC songs here and here.

I also found these helpful for calmer times. Before bed or after meal time.

All in all I am not one to constantly stick him in front of the tube but sometimes it gets me through the day, moment, 1minute and 36 seconds. =) Quite plainly, he enjoys them as well. If we have gone several days since watching them it is a nice time filler to pull out while that basket of laundry sucks me in!

So, nanny note #1: Don't be above the help of the videos. It is a balancing act and I have found that some times you just need help!

No comments:

Post a Comment