10.04.2010

Introducing the art of breathing

Really such a deep title for such a ridiculously empty post.

We have been nothing short of crazy around here the last few weeks. Saturday we arrived home from a week away. Some Friends of ours gave us a week of their time share and we headed to the mountains of North GA. It was beautiful, quiet, unstructured, calm, relaxing, jealous yet?

Back to the mile an hour speed of life this morning!

My job at church wrapped up a few weeks ago and to be honest it has been a bit strange. Walking down the halls not really have to "think" or "worry" about anything has been very nice. It is crazy how attached you get to something even if it is something that you have no desire of attachment to! I don't walk from this looking back with longing to return. But, after 2 years on the job it is just weird to leave! With that said my days are filled with just my 2 monkeys. They keep me on my toes but after juggling them and the other job they seem like a breeze. Praying through several options right now...one of which being my Spanish. Since immersion really isn't an option, I am thinking maybe some classes. I have gotten involved with a local Latino Baptist Congregation here. They are a HUGE help in the language department and I have enjoyed my time with them. In fact the pastor's wife is one my team for the Peru trip.

Speaking of which, it is getting pretty close. I am so ready to be there in all ways but actually "being" ready. I have not made sure I "have what I need," I am still trying to sort out the funding, and I have not made a team meeting yet! 5 weeks is not as much time as it was in high school...crazy how that works! With my days being filled unlike they were 3 years ago I need to kick it into some preparatory gear so that I am at least thinking about it!

In between now and then my family has several big-ish things going on. Family annual apple picking trip, Church family retreat in the mountains, and my sisters 16th birthday.


That's right! This is turning 16! I really can NOT believe it. Being that she is...what she is, a small get together over a box of pizza was so not an option. We have opted for a backyard, bandanna, hotdog roasting, smore making, type shin dig! We hope it goes over well!
So, that was a lot of nothing to say the little that I did. A real post is coming soon! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment