2.03.2011

The horrific paci

This guy is a paci guy. He LOVES his paci. Loves it! Every day at nap time it takes very little time from the moment his toe steps in bed before he asks for it.
Yesterday his parents informed me that they were hoping to drop the paci habit.
Ugh!
Really!?
So, today began the paci protest. I "accidentally" misplaced the treasure and went on with the normal routine. He grabbed his lion, his curious George, his blanket, and...nothing. He asked for it. I "didn't hear." I told him good night. Gave him a kiss. Told him to stay in bed. Walked out the room. He didn't say a word.
Here I am thinking I am so off the hook. He just went to bed without it. He was down and not crying.
Not so.
Moments later, he is whining, crying really, for his beloved piece of plastic.
I couldn't go in there or I would have caved...and caved bad.
It was the LONGEST 2 hours of my life. I am well aware it probably felt like an eternity for him. 1:30 - 3:30...wide awake! Nothing...nada...zip...
He quit whining for it but did not, I repeat, did NOT sleep.
Hopefully tomorrow will go better...I am NOT ready for this kid to be awake all day! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment