2.23.2011

way mucho!

Inhale...exhale

My week in Tennessee went way too fast. I missed my bed and family but now I miss them being here. It kind of stinks without them. Just being honest. I am really thankful to be home but I wish I didn't have to leave.

My trip home began Saturday morning, so did a weekend full of...well, full. I spent the morning in Franklin with my sister, brother-in-law, and nephew visiting the Factory. If you ever make it to the Nashville area TN make an effort to visit. Super fun place but not the point of my post, moving on!

We headed towards Nashville to try the Loveless Cafe that so many have recommended. We make our way through several twisty-turny roads turn a bend and clear a hill and there it is...we were a little surprised. There is ZERO around it and it didn't look quite like we were anticipating. But we thought we would try! We walk in tell them how many and ask how long it will take.
"oh, at this point about and hour...




...and 45 minutes."

Um no thanks! My plane leaves in an hour!

So we punch in China buffet that takes us near the airport, load up on the some egg rolls and rice and head the the airport! After a very teary goodbye and a relatively basic first flight I land and turn on my phone to find the rest of the trip is a little compromised...
In the beginning it had only been delayed by about an hour. I can handle that. Over the course of 30 minutes the delay works it's way from 1 hour to 3 hours. So, I spend 6 hours in an airport...alone! =0 Needless to say, I was tired and ready to be home at that point!

We land at home and I am greeted by my dad and sister with news that changed "some" things. Dad didn't want to skirt around anything so he came right out and told me. My sister, who had earlier in the week hurt her ankle was driving my car because it is automatic. Just before my plane landed that evening, she had been in a wreck. The bumper was a little messed up and the air bags deployed. Whew!

Praise the LORD she was ok and no injuries stemmed from the crash with either party. But, my poor car. Oof! It looks sad! With the airbags having been deployed the car is totaled. Because of the age of the car and the fact I had paid in cash I didn't carry full coverage. The insurance company can not total it because it's not covered but the agent said if I had been covering it, it would have been totaled.

So, unexpectedly I am in the car shopping market! I am currently sporting my grandfather's station wagon! I guess it's a good thing I am toting kids with me everywhere because I am certainly not attracting anything single and male let me tell ya!

Really it's not that bad! late flights, but I made it home! Crushed car, but I have enough saved that I am searching without breaking the bank.

To top it off the entire week I was gone my mom was putting together a bit of a 21 celebration here at the house for my birthday tomorrow! So Sunday after church some of my closest friends came over for lunch and games! We played well into the night and they only "had" to leave because of a communication glitch! It was fun and a nice way to wrap up my crazy weekend!

I took a bunch of pictures of my Beeto and I will post them later but I will leave you with this,


Man, I miss this boy! He has NO idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment