2.16.2011

I'm gonna miss this

There was a Trace Atkins song floating around a few years back that talked about frustrating moments in growth of a family. It spelled out different instances of life that parents find trying or hard. The chorus goes like this.
You're gonna miss this
You're gonna want this back
You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast
These are some good times
So take a good look around
You may not know it now
But you're gonna miss this

I am not a country fan so I don't know the in's and out's of the music I just know this song for some reason! =)

I have spent the last few days in TN with my sister and her family helping her set up and unpack! It has been a crazy couple of days. Worked hard and haven't really stopped since we started Monday afternoon. Now, as of right now, we are done. The house is set up and livable...not only livable but everything has a place. Including all items that belong in the attic! Oh yes we did!

But, this week is coming too quickly to an end and Saturday my flight takes off mid-afternoon. I have so many mixed emotions about leaving. I know that when I leave I won't be coming back...and neither will they. I miss my family and I want to be home but I don't want to leave!

I know I am going to miss this (and by this, I mean a certain 2 year old that has stolen my heart)! All the times that we went through growing pains when we jumped to house of 9 last summer were pretty petty to how much we are all going to miss all 3 of them!

I am really not living in a Hallmark card and feel that sometimes you are not able to write how you feel without it looking like a dramatic presentation but in case you haven't noticed we are a pretty tight family!

We were not a growing family that was increasing in age, just size! But the chorus words still apply! I'm going to miss his little voice, his messing hands, late night ice cream and games with my sisters and brother in law, the massive amounts of laundry that had taken over our laundry room, toys everywhere, the smelly blanket lovingly called airplane, the constant kung fu panda dvd or imagination, the huge dinners, being called Hottie...(nickname from the Beeto)...there really is too much to name.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much! I thought I had gotten it somewhat together until I read your post today! I cried! =) But I do miss them!, I look around & see all the empty places that was filled with them and miss them! BUT, it did my heart so good to see them on skyp, I saw them in their home, with their stuff & felt that this is what is right & good, no best, for them! God has a plan & we will be seeing each other lots & lots! I love how my girls love each other! What a blessins! Love you!

    ReplyDelete