4.14.2012

5 girls, no boys!

This is a dual meaning post. Kelly's Korner has a linked in this weekend about moms of all girls and the mom I choose to display is my very own! Who also happens to be celebrating a birthday this week! The fact that my mom is a mom of "all" girls isn't entirely true. She is a mom to all girls who are here with her on earth. In actuality she was given some boys too but God decided He wanted them to meet Him first! We still look forward to the day when we will have that pleasure!
As for the children mom was given the opportunity to raise they were all girls! Of those girls I occupy 3rd place! Our ages span quite a few years and yet we all find very few and minimal reasons to not get along!

I am thankful for so many of the things my parents have worked hard to enforce in us. But out of the many, one of the ones I am most thankful for is how they have asked us to treat each other. By no means does that mean that we have it all together. On the contrary! However, I value and hold my relationships with these girls far above any others in my life! Even with the changes with marriages, graduations, birthdays, jobs, etc. we love to be together. The older we get the more and more we realize that holds so true. We love to ride for hours to spend a few days with a sister that has moved out of state! We love to cram 4 people into a bed made for 1 so that we can spend the night together Christmas Eve! We love to sit in a hospital waiting room for 6 hours while one sister gave birth to a nephew! We love to come out in a damp cold day to cheer siblings along in a 10k race!
I attribute our sincere love of one another to the very fact that my mom has worked so hard to teach us to value one another!

To my teacher, wise councilor, giver of life, friend, and mom, I hope you have the happiest birthday! I am so thankful for you and the fact that you are my mom! Praying the Father's blessings over you today and the year ahead! Please enjoy celebrating you!

I love you!

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures in this post!! The little I've seen of your Mama, lets me know that you've got a good one. :) Please tell her happy birthday for me, if you can!

    Also, thanks for your comment on my recent blog post. It's always encouraging to see that I'm not the only one that thinks this way (and I'm not such an alien after all :). Your manuscript comment was greatly appreciated and I just wanted to let you know! ;)

    Have a wonderful week!
    Kimber :)

    ReplyDelete