4.16.2012

Strawberries and Cream Oatmeal

I have been playing around with some clean eating foods. I will do a post on that later. As for know, I wanted to post one my favorites!



It does take a bit of time to complete but it is oh so tasty and fairly quick considering that it is good for you!



Strawberries and Cream Oatmeal



1/2 cup of oats

3/4 cup of milk

1/4 cup of water

5-6 strawberries diced

2 Tablespoons of sweetener of your choice. I use evaporated cane sugar or demerara sugar. Basically fancy ways to say raw sugar or unprocessed sugar which I prefer and goes along well with the clean eating! I tried honey but I prefer the taste of this sugar in this. I hear agave nectar is a good choice too but I haven't used it...yet! =)



In a medium to small saucepan mix strawberries, water, and sugar. Over medium heat bring water to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer on low until mixture thickens. Add milk and bring to a boil. Add oats stir and cook on low until oatmeal thickens and the oats plump up a bit! Remove from heat and let sit for a few minutes then enjoy!


I have played around with a few variations too!


Peaches and Cream


Same recipe. Substitute Chopped fresh peaches. Canned peaches work too but fresh tastes better!


Apple Cinnamon


1 cup of milk

1/2 apple diced or shredded (I like it shredded)

1 teaspoon Cinnamon

2 Tablespoons of sweetener

1/2 cup of oats


Boil milk with sugar and Cinnamon over medium heat. Reduce heat and add oats. Stir over low heat until oats plump and it thickens. Remove from heat and sit for few minutes.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment