12.30.2012

12 in 12 and moving on to 13

12 months ago when I wrote the following I didn't think this year would be quite like it was. Not all bad, not all good. This year has been painful in the growth category and yet abundant in the strength, wisdom, and peace section as well. I have come face to face with so much and with the power that helped Gideon defeat all those men with so few, so have I.

I still feel like "New Year's resolutions" are pretty lame. I have a hard time writing down on a piece of paper all that I'm going to do to better myself just because the date has different numbers at the end. However, my geekness and need for organization makes it so that if it can start and stop at a certain time I will more than likely complete it.

As we're coming up in 2013 the feeling of "strangeness" has subsided. I still know in the back of my head that this isn't where I pictured myself being 5 years ago. But, it is not a constant thought. I am easing into this phase where the Father has me and I couldn't be happier. I am trying to keep from getting too comfortable. I know that as soon as the rhythm starts God is going to change the tempo! All that to say, I can honestly say that I am not only content but I enjoy being where He has put me. Do I know this is temporary? Yes. Very. I also know that for now, and for such a time as this, I am here and I am joyful in that.

My mom, sister, and I have been reading in a Bible study in the morning by Debi Pearl. If you have never read her stuff (and you are a girl =D) I highly recommend getting your hands on some of her material. ::All you guys out there (are there any reading this?! lol!) check out her hubby's, Michael Pearl, stuff! I don't agree with it all but I would recommended it!:: We have been going over the art of preparing for our futures and one thing that keeps standing out to me is that I need to be active. I need, I HAVE to be doing what I titled this blog after. In my waiting, I need to be obediently moving and acting. I need to be in constant motion ministering, serving, and being. It's not about "sitting and waiting." It's about obeying and acting...while waiting.

Follow me as I take you on a little journey through this past year. I know that this poor little ole blog of mine has been oh so neglected! But, I wanted to go back through my 12 in 12 now and do some follow up and in the 2nd installment I will explain my hopes for acts of obedience for 2013. Enjoy!

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

I honestly have such a hard time believing we are coming up on 2012! Where has time gone?! I remember getting ready to graduate almost 4 years ago and thinking that by this time I would coming up on graduating from college! Wow! My life has taken a crazy turn far from any of those kinds of plans! I am so thankful to God for it!

Coming up on this year I have been feeling impressed to make 2012 a year of accomplishments. I'm not talking huge, gigantic, life-changing accomplishments. But simple, doable, just avoided accomplishments.

The reason I'm only sticking with 12 is because I'm an "inch by inch life's a cinch" type person. I don't want to get to this point next year and wish that I hadn't made such big plans. I want it to be a goal I can reach...will reach.

My hope is that this will be a kind of accountability. I plan to post here on my progress so be sure to follow along as I inch by inch through 2012 planning to enjoy it to the fullest!

So here's my 12 in 12!

#1 - Renewed time with God - Firmly establish a renewed way to spend time with my Father. Not only that but a firm time. That includes getting up at the same time to partake of His Word no matter what.


I began in January reading through the Bible, with intent on finishing. It still isn't finished. I was bummed when I realized that. I thought that I had "failed." But, I had to step back and look at it a bit differently. I had starting reading in Matthew and Genesis at the same time. I would read a section a day and journal/draw my way along. By "section" I don't mean chapter...uh, no way. Section means where the Bible has broken the chapter according to subject, topic, or event. Everyday I would take bite size chunks and find what He had stored in there for me! Right now I am enjoying the start of the early church in Acts, and the beginning of God's people preparing for life without Moses in Deuteronomy.  

Part of my "renewing" was coming up with things to do with my Father. My Christianity isn't a religion, it's a relationship. Relationships take time, work, and effort. I need to spend time understanding His heart and I need to spend time expressing mine. So, I started a prayer journal. I took each request and petition and wrote out the details. I took it piece by piece and prayed a Gethsemane prayer. As God reveals His answer per petition I write down how He chose to answer, no matter what the outcome is. It has shown me a new part of His heart for ours.   

#2 - healthy vs. hype - Research the foods that are really healthy vs. what is just hype. In hopes of establishing a better diet all around but potentially erasing some of the digestion issues I've been having. Finding out what works for me and not being persuaded by others and professionals that something else is better. Finding the right make up to fit together a consumption that sticks!


As you can see, this is probably the category I have most excelled in this year. At the start of 2012 I was very unhealthy. My stomach was having issues, my skins was having issues, I was having issues! If you take a look at the post above (why I eat clean) you can see some of the improvements. The holidays have proven testy based on the choices. However, I have discovered some more ways to improve things that I will share later!   

::Post to come::

#3 - preparing for future titles - Be intentional about praying for and preparing to be a mrs. Do not read: "is in a relationship." But I am confident that God is still shaping me to be a mrs. and my job is prepare for that. I need to be in constant prayer for him and our life together!


I mentioned in the paragraph at the top of this post that we have been studying this book! Discovering my personality and the variations of guys and how they work together...or not. I will be composing a post on this soon! It's been pretty fascinating!

::Post to come::

#4 - Walking for the better - This includes two different things. First, walking/jogging CONSISTENTLY throughout the week to improve over all health and utilize the time to pray for my neighbors and friends. Second, to take part in walks for causes throughout the year. Walk for life, Cancer research walks, etc. Also some fun ones. I have already planned to participate in the local Turkey Trot thanksgiving day with my Aunt and potentially my sister!

#5 - oK - Plan and begin training to participate in a 5, 8, or 10K at least one time in 2013. Eventually working my way up to being able to do various other K's through the year. But like I said...inch by inch!

#4 and #5 are going to be compiled together! I am pleased to say that I have not only walked but I have jogged and exercised the most this year since my years playing sports! In April I completed my first 10k! Yeah! I plan on participating in a 5k in the spring! Over all I would say this goal was achieved the best. I really put the pedal to the metal and got going!


#6 - accountABILITY - Consistently meeting with a few girls as a disciple of Christ making disciples of Christ. Already enlisted 3 girls and plan to start the study before Christmas! God is good!

God supplied this before I even had to seek. I've noticed He likes working this way!
The need arose.
God responded.
Me.
Our time together is spent discovering truths that I had taken for granted. I forget so often that the accounts of Abraham, Jonah, and Jesus' life weren't told constantly growing up to so many.  I heard them in my home, in my friends' homes, and church.These girls haven't. We have spent hour after hour pouring through some of these well known accounts to discover some of the basic truths that I have discarded as "been there, learned that." These precious people accepted a Savior with eagerness and then learned about Him. I spent my entire like familiar with Him and His ways and didn't decide He should be my All in All until later. They don't even know the lessons they have taught themselves without ever speaking a word. 

God has shown other areas in need of older/younger woman match up. Sisters. I know that my mission fields include that of my younger sisters. Things like sister dates, birthday dinners, game nights, and window shopping trips all sum up to the one thing they really need. A sister that doesn't tell them what to do, but does it and allows them to be with me. I am learning exactly what this means but I am thankful for the opportunity to learn. Take a look at my upcoming 13 plans for more details!

#7 - Habla better - Continue to work on improving my Spanish. The. End.

The end. I didn't have a plan so this kind of fell apart. But not completely. Some events put a fire under me the last few months. There are a handful of people that I don't speak any English to. My goal next...oh wait, I am getting ahead of myself!

#8 - Crafty plans - pick and execute at least 5 projects from Pinerest that benefit me.

um, yea, no. They all, ALL went to other people.

#9 - Good Gifts - Work on being intentional in my gift giving. Planning things out, making as much as I can (this may include learning to sew...), and making it as personal as I can. Also loading up on my gift basket for those unavoidable surprise needed gifts...**side note** Black Friday is the PERFECT day to do this! Just loaded up on some games and DVD's for $3-4 each! Great gifts! Great price!

It was AWESOME! I am posting on that soon!

#10 - horizontal thinking - Be very intentional about the relationships around me. Parents, sisters, Bros-in-law, nephews, friends, cousins, people I work for, people in my past, people in my present, my pharmacist, check out lady, waiter. To erase "awkward" moments and be Christ to those around me. Unhindered.

I think this worked. Just keeping that mindset has been helpful. Hasn't always worked but I am a flawed human. I am working on it. 

#11 - packing it in - Plan out beginning in January items to pick up throughout the year so that when the OCC deadline comes in November I will be ready with not 1 but 6 boxes to send! One for each age category and gender!

Not completely. This year will be better. Once again, no plan.

#12 - organi...where did I put that? - Find ways to better organize my calendar, budget, room, craft supplies, life!

I did a bit but this year I have plans for more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment