10.24.2014

Apples

A fall tradition in our family is apple picking. Meaning Thanksgiving better not arrive before a large bushel of apples is sitting in our kitchen floor and our legs are sore from climbing all over a mountain for that "perfect" apple. This past weekend we decided to ramp up our tradition and made it a two day quest! 

Saturday we headed west with my grandma, uncle and aunt, and sister and brother-in-law to pick in a very small orchard. We were able to take away a bushel of cameos. Yummo! 




The apples were HANGING from the limbs!



see? 


Sunday my parents, sisters, and I headed north to hang with my sister and brother-in-law and nephews and we all went apple picking for a second time! It was FREEZING but fun! I didn't take a lot of pictures that day. When my arms are wrapped around a nephew there is little room for a phone/camera!




I am getting over being sick and impromptu sick day Thursday. Really thankful for the rest and time to get some things done. Looking forward to the weekend and the fun plans!

What's on the agenda for you this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment