10.08.2014

#weighinwednesday 4 and #whole30 2

Another week into #whole30 and it hasn't felt as good as the first week. I want pasta, I went to a wedding where they served tiramisu cake, and I am tired...all the time!

Here is the run down!

Day 4 - 

Breakfast: pulled pork and potato (not pictured)

Snack: grapes

Lunch: sautéed chicken breast in Montreal chicken seasoning and sweet potato with ghee roasted nuts.

Dinner: chicken pesto with zucchini "noodles."

Day 5- 

Breakfast: leftovers from yesterday's breakfast. (Not pictured)

Snack: grapes

Lunch: spaghetti squash and chicken. (Not pictured)

Dinner: Crockpot Chicken Cury over cauliflower rice and sweet potato


Day 6- 

Breakfast: scrambled eggs and pulled pork with red pepper flakes! 


Lunch: leftovers

Dinner: rotisserie chicken, oven crunchy potatoes and carrot sticks (not pictured)

Dessert/snack: banana whip with raspberries! So so tasty! And so so needed! 

Day 7- the aforementioned wedding day

Breakfast: scrambled eggs and left over potatoes from the night before (not pictured)

Lunch: Italian sausage, heaping piles of fresh fruit and vegetables.(not pictured)

Dinner: a naked juice and nuts

Day 8 - 

Breakfast: hard boiled egg and homemade turkey sausage (not pictured)

Lunch: baked potato with pulled beef au jou (not pictured)

Dinner: naked juice and green beans with vinegar. (Not pictured)

---------------

I thought I would break and do a "one week in update." So far so good. Really. 

Now really, let's break for some harsh honesty. I am getting really sick of eggs and cooking! I am not so much realizing what I can't have, just realizing what I can have is slightly limited to certain bounds...and I've reached them. 

Physically I am exhausted! I feel like sleeping all the time. I have kind of skipped days 1-10 listed here and went straight to feeling zonked and bored. I have some new recipes this week to try so I am hoping that pumps up my variety enough to keep this up! 

Emotionally I am still ok with it all. I know it's only for 30 days, not a year. I know that I am almost a third done, and I am still hoping it produces good things for my gut. 

Over all still ok and still excited to keep going. And I may or may not really want a donut! 

--------------

Day 9 - 

Breakfast: sweet potato with ghee roasted nuts


Lunch: spaghetti squash and pulled pork...I was getting desperate! 


Dinner: Strawberry and spinach salad from Noodles and Co. (not pictured)

Day 10 -

Breakfast: scrambled eggs and pulled pork (not pictured)

Lunch: island impact smoothie with out added proteins or sugars...just fruit...from smoothie king

Dinner: ground turkey italian casserole (Not pictured)

Sorry for the lack of pictures. I am quite serious about what I had to say in my mid-week update. This was getting old and it resulted in my enthusiasm to take pictures or get creative!

Most missed: pasta and rice!!! I didn't realized just how much I consume and just how much I missed it.

Symptoms: over all tiredness. I reached the exhausted stage and stayed there. I am fairly confident it still has to do with being away for a month and hitting the ground running when I got home. No "recovery time" at all. I haven't been able to get a decent amount of sleep at any given point to make up for the sleeplessness while I was away. But as far as the whole 30 symptoms I haven't really had any headaches or withdrawals, I am not grumpy, etc.

Best thing I ate: I loved the banana whip! It has been such a nice "treat" occasionally! I made this years ago and posted here on the blog. But I altered it and added some additional fruit for #whole30 approval and variety. I will post what I do soon!

One of the rules of Whole 30 is that you aren't allowed to weigh yourself or take measurements. I didn't listen. =) I forgot to do so when I started but I did 2 days ago. Maybe one day I will feel like posting them but for now, know that I am watching my measurements.

Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment