10.06.2014

Butternut Apple Sausage Skillet

I love those one pot wonder meals. The ones that don't require a lot of extra supplies to make. The ones when you are done it doesn't look like Williams and Sonoma puked on your kitchen. I love to cook but if I have to spend the same amount of time cleaning as I did cooking wears on me! =)

This whole #whole30 thing has kept me in the kitchen. Meals take a good amount of time to make and putting together a quick sandwich isn't an option. So, cooking and cleaning, and cooking, and cleaning, and...you get the idea.

Until this meal.

And my, was it GREAT!

1 peeler, 1 knife, 1 spatula, 1 pan, one. happy. me!

So, ready?

Butternut Apple Sausage Skillet

1 butternut squash
3 apples (I used honey crisp and sweetango)
3 lbs ground turkey
4 teaspoon ground sage
4 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon red pepper

Mix raw meat and spices together and let it sit aside. You want the flavors to get all happy together!
While it is sitting peel the squash and apples and dice into bite size pieces. Brown the turkey stirring to maintain big chunks. When browned and there are still remaining juices throw in the apple and squash and cover. Allow the squash and apple to soften over the meat for a few minutes on medium heat. Stir a few times, add more sage and/or salt if needed, and cook until soft. Serve warm!


Whole 30 and family approved! 
Happy Monday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment