10.01.2014

#weighinwednesday 3 and #ahdoeswhole30 1

Good Wednesday morning to you all!

It has been a fabulous week around here! I certainly miss everyone in Georgia but it is good great to be home! September is over and I wasn't here for most of it. Oh dear me! More on that later. For now I wanted to get back into the groove of things keeping my promise of weekly updates and #whole30 progress.

We started #whole30 on Sunday and have had pretty smooth sailing. We know that we're in for a few bumps in the road and we aren't blinded by that. For now things are going well!

Day 1 (sorry, no pictures) -

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs and a lot of grapes!

Lunch: Big ol' pile of different lettuces, 1 diced avocado, several scoops of pico de gallo (our own recipe), and taco seasoned ground turkey. Yum!

Dinner: Mixed fruit and almonds and pecans

Over all the day went well. We were gone to church and my nanny's so cooking time was interrupted and meal time had to be quick. We realized we needed a good amount cooking and prep time and just didn't. As a result I think we all go hungry a lot faster than we should.

Day 2 -

Breakfast: mushroom, spinach, potato frittata.

Oh. My. Goodness. This was fantastic! Recipe to come!

Snack: salt and vinegar green beans (no picture)

Lunch: Montreal Chicken breast, cabbage sautéed in the sausage juice from this morning (I used this recipe to make sausage for later meals but I have some tweaking so I'll let you know!), and carrot sticks (not pictured).


Dinner: Butternut Apple Sausage Skillet
Oh to the my was this delicious!

I will post the recipe to this soon too!

This day was much better! Less hunger and more time to cook! So tasty!

Day 3 -

Breakfast: mixed fruit and nuts (not pictured)

Snack: two turkey sausage patties I made the day before and some bites of the frittata left overs.

Lunch: I had the leftover taco salad! 


Dinner: pulled pork, roasted squash, zucchini, and onion, and roasted carrots (not pictured)

Over all I think we are doing well! We are getting into the groove of the do's and don'ts and maintaing a balance. We were reading up on #whole30 day by day last night and it seems we aren't in the think of it yet. Mainly our complaint is feeling tired or generally unwell. We have to remember that our bodies are processing food completely different. It is a learning curve and I think we will get there!

So, #whole30 days 1-3, there you have it! Stay tuned for more! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so curious now- what is the gist of the plan? Or did you post about that already?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I just realized I didn't put a link on the post! Oops! I should fix that! =) Whole 30 is just 30 days of basic eating. It is like the hard reset for your body. It is not a diet, way of life, etc. It is just 30 days. No grains, no sugars, no legumes. Mostly meats, eggs, veggies, and fruits. Here is the link for the program. http://whole30.com/ There are post after post in the testimonials about different things being cleared or lessened because of this. Acne, thyroid issues, etc. My main concern was intestinal. I really struggle with consuming food at all so I am hoping and praying this helps me reset and see if I am not indeed allergic to the things I can't eat right now! We will see!

      Delete