2.22.2012

She wore that Wednesday

DSCN4434
**Please pardon the mess. When you have a wedding just 3 weeks away the house tends to suffer!**

Whew! What a crazy weather week in our area! 70's, 50's, snow, and mid-60's! The snow day we had really wasn't what I was hoping for but, I did get off half a day and we were able to make snow creatures (pictures to come!) so I suppose it wasn't a total loss! =D

Today was catch up day! I leave for TN on Monday, tomorrow is ESL prep, and Friday is my birthday was today was errand running day! So, after my jog this a.m. and a quick shower operation creative nanny dressing was under way. It is SO easy to live in jogging/yoga pants, tees, and Jersey cardigans when you're with kids. It is! But, the this whole "dressing stylish with femininity and Biblical modesty" didn't really look too fondly on yoga pants! So, I dug a little deeper!

Pulling out my FAVORITE not so skinny jeans (you can see my tips for the those in this post) and a simple black cami half, the outfit was underway. Since the temps around here have leveled out to mid-60's a beautiful I wanted nothing too heavy or thick. But, the wind still reminds you that it is indeed February and flowy tops and flip flops are not the way to go!

So I grabbed my ALL TIME FAVORITE thigh length thin cable knit button down. Super easy to put with almost anything and the perfect weight to wear in the dead of winter under coats or the coolish fall/spring days paired with a button down or simple cami!

The outfit needed some pizazz. I needed some easy. So we compromised and I went with a thin cotton scarf and hoop earrings! No too shabby and super easy with my hip rider!

Nothing to keep fixing and all machine washable just in case that precious hip rider leaks...anywhere!

So, I call it Nanny Necessities which rolled perfectly into meeting this evening!

DSCN4424

Scarf - walmart
Cardigan - Land's End (which is the BEST brand ever!)
Jeans - walmart
cami - target
cream colored flats - JC Penny's

No comments:

Post a Comment