10.30.2013

felt board for $3: FTW

I was SUPER excited when I found this! Why you ask?
Because I found this! Still not getting it?
How about now?
That's what I thought! I was very excited after inspecting it and finding that the "glass" was plexiglass and wouldn't break with the grumps using it! I took it home and dug out some felt I had purchased on clearance last year and got to work!
I sprayed the plexiglass with spray adhesive! (that stuff is AMAZING!) I let it sit for a minute, exactly! 
I pressed it firmly on the felt and trimmed the extra and remounted it in the frame!
Viola! I was so excited!
I found some adhesive felt letters on a clearance rack at wal-mart a while back! I picked up a pack for $1.
I measured out the felt squares and cut them with a rotary blade. I flamed the edges so they didn't wear out. I stuck the letters down and gave the grumps another way to work on those letters! He loves it!

Total, all the supplies cost me a grad total of $3! For. the. WIN. I plan on making a few more felt pieces for him to have. For now, this will do!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! So creative! And sometimes being (as my sisters call me) a "pack rat" pays off!

    Hope you are having a blessed week! Us girls need to get together soon! :)

    Love in Christ,
    Alexis W

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I just went through all my pack rattness and got rid of a bunch! But, I held onto some for projects just like these!

    ReplyDelete