10.28.2013

Life lately

I feel like I have composed many posts with the same title. I supposed that comes with the game.

It's been a crazy few weeks! Here is the quick run down and a promise for future posts! Promise! 

My time with the Father in the morning has been new and refreshed lately. I don't know how to explain it. I am currently reading a chapter in the Old and New Testament and doodle journaling my way through. I know that is not a real word and I know that is not a real phrase. But it is what I do. I just started Colossians this week and have been working through it bit by bit! This was my doodle for Friday. I thought it was fun! Just wanted to share.

Beyond my personal alone time with Him in the morning, my mom, sister, and I have enjoyed some time together just before we start the day. We have been enjoying this book.

       
source
It has been a call out to some very specific parts of my life. I am learning small bits that add up to some big issues. More on that later.

Among all the other crazies in life, this girl is getting married in a little over a month. 
I can't believe how long ago this was and I can't believe we are this old! I am so excited to stand beside her as she says, "i do." This weekend I am throwing her a shower! It has been so much fun getting all the details together. Thank the Lord for my mom and her help! I wouldn't be able to do this without her! 
 
Other news, J is doing fantastic. I am sorry for the long span in between updates. He had his second surgery Wednesday and this was the text I received Thursday morning.
 ONLY to God be the glory. I have no other explanation. After the first surgery he didn't respond to us for days. It was 4 days before he ate much at all and other than complaining about the pain and throwing up what little he did eat there wasn't much interaction. Within hours of this surgery he was communicating and by the next day, doing this! Lord Jesus, how great You are! 
The doctor was so encouraging with his report. Going into the surgery he assured us that it was feasible to remove only 75-80% of the remaining tumor safely. In the post-op he said that he removed all visible tumor leaving only a root that remains too close to a main vessel. Again, how great? J arrived home Friday evening just 48 hours after his surgery. My God is greater, my God is stronger! God you are higher than any other! Plans to begin radiation are underway. In the meantime he is getting strong and recovering well. 

This past weekend my sister and a teen from my church planned a fundraising dinner. On top of the concert from the beginning of October God has supplied a large amount of his need financially. The dinner was a great night of food and fellowship. So many from across the city came to support J and us. The girls did a FANTASTIC job getting everything together and organizing the whole night. God was glorified, J was supported, and well over 100 bellies were filled with yummy food! 


Things with my grumps are going well. Poor baby has been super clingy and needy but the need has been met just by a few extra snuggles and a kiss or two. We have spent some extra time together doing his favorites singing and going over our letters! Oh dear have we gone over and over our letters lately! 
I have some fun posts planned! Be on the look out! Life is crazy and I am trying to get a "handle" on it! I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment