10.02.2013

Addressing the Elephants

I am not sure how many faithful followers I have. So, for any reading and keeping up with all pertaining to my little world here, this is for you. I realize the situation going on around these parts may be raising a bit of curiosity. As it is, for any out there who may be wondering I thought I would grab the elephants in the room and remove part of the mass of obscurity.

So, not to jump in rashly...let's begin.

Q: Is J, "guy"?

A: Short answer, yes. If you remember back to earlier this spring I posted about guy and girl. Fast forward to middle summer this follow up went up. Yes, J is guy from guy and girl. I am aware of the "thoughts" going through the heads of some. Hope the answers to some further questions will clarify this a bit more.

Q: Are guy and girl, guy and girl again?

A: No. They are not. In this huge scenario, high on emotions, and worn hearts the truths that got us to where we were 2 months ago are still there. When I stand back and look at the situation, it is nice to be needed and I like helping. However, the convictions that separated us don't diminish because of a brain tumor.

Many keep questioning my involvement in this case. I agree, it is odd. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. In many ways this has been the hardest thing I have walked through. However, before failed relationships, brain tumors, and even friendships guy and girl were and are brother and sister by the blood of Christ. We have both been adopted as sons (and daughters) and call the same God, Father. Long after this part in God's story, this will still be the case. In order for me to maintain eternal focus I have to remember that in spite of our history, our future will be together in front of the throne, praising the One that is orchestrating it all.

Q: Don't you think this is inappropriate?

A: I can see why this question is being asked. It is obvious that some would wonder. Especially given my standards.  Allow me to clarify. I don't "go it alone." Any time I am involved personally my mom, dad, or a sister accompanies me. If they are unavailable a close friend, familiar with the situation, makes efforts to be present or have someone else present to avoid any impropriety. Mainly, I stick to the background. Calling insurance, picking up files and forms, paying bills, depositing donations, etc.

Q: Shouldn't his family be taking care of that?

Two reasons why the answer to that question is, no.

A. We are his family. He is miles from "home" with a brother and two uncles living "near by." That, my friends, is all. Since, like I said earlier, we are all one family we take care of each other. There has rarely been a need that has gone unmet because the mentality in this church is to take care of each other. Not just me to him or vice versa, but everyone with everyone else. Regardless of skin, age, or gender. We try to work hard to show the Love of Christ to anyone we meet, especially those in the family of God.

B. My mom says often that should we be in another country away from her she would want someone stepping in as family. In her view, stepping in as mama. Lord bless my mother. She has stepped up and blessed him big time by "filling" in that role amazingly well. She has held hands, rubbed backs, checked on meals, called out laziness, and answered questions.

So, no and yes. His family should be taking care of this...and is.

Q: How are you with all this?

A: In a private setting, with a trusted friend, and an non-designated amount of time, my answer may be different. For now. I am fine. Worn. Tired. Drained. But fine. I have a post in the making to be able to explain the blessings I have found from running on E. In short, it truly has been a blessing. I have looked back and realized that there hasn't been an ounce of me in any of this. There hasn't been any strength that I could contribute to this. Every ounce of energy, love, and compassion has flowed directly from the Father through me. I didn't provide a stitch of it. It's amazing how when I am empty of "me" His love has so much more room to fill me...and to the brim!

So there you have it. The elephants addressed and taken care of. I realize this is odd. I realize that it doesn't make sense. If you have any questions, I would love to try and answer them. As a sinner undeserved of grace and forgiveness, I want to choose to give what I have been given. It's not easy. It hasn't been and will continue not to be. But, the peace that guards my heart and mind is wrapping me so tightly I can't question it.

Keep praying friends!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for clearing this up, Anne Holly! The only elephant I had was "Is this Jorge, the same Jorge, or another Jorge?"
    Hannah got to talk to Erin the other day and I got the update then. I think about you and keep you in my prayers!!
    Sisters in Christ,
    Kimber :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you so much! God has given your written story so much intrigue, mystery, and beauty. Can't wait to "read" what's next!

    ReplyDelete