6.30.2014

weighty plans

I announced a while back that  I was planning to participate in a 101 in 1001. I am super excited about this possibility and can't wait to attack it with a vengeance! I just love a good list and accomplishing things from it. It should be a good time to start too. Just after the move and before the year explodes with schooling, work, classes(?), etc. Hoping, really hoping this will be just the thing to kick start some accomplishment!

One of the items on the list is to meet a weight goal.

Now before the tirade starts that I shouldn't meet weight goals or reach for a particular weight, I have my reasons.

#1 - I need, must loose a certain amount of weight to be healthy. Have to.
#2 - This is a goal of mine and not an unrealistic version of beauty.
#3 - It is not an unhealthy amount of weight and once I reach it I don't plan on going the extra pound of two. I will work on being healthy.

I know with my huskier genes I won't ever be a skinny minnie. Fine by me. I (and let meek seekers gasp) like my curves. There is something feminine and fun about being shaped different than a man and finding dresses, skirts, and fun tops that flatter those curves. So yea...

However, it isn't exactly a secret that I could stand to loose get rid of forever a few LBS. More than a few and for more than a long while.

I was fairly active in middle and high school but was never "healthy" by any means. Since I graduated 6 years ago my health has continued to decline. I deal with stomach issues constantly, horrible skin, and the excess weight I carry around is a constant reminder of how much my body has been on the back burner...strike that...it hasn't even been on the stove this year...or the past half a decade for that matter.

I don't buy into the worldly needs for weight loss but I have to admit that with the stresses and emotional pains this past year has brought I am looking forward to doing this. I need this to take hold of something. I look forward to it to be quite honest. I am working on a plan but this time I am not waiting for it to be perfected. I plan on starting soon. Just starting something, anything.

What's different this time?
I know the question begs to be asked. I admit it. I have failed at this time and time again. About two years ago I drug my family through the clean eating idea. We really stuck to it for a while. Then life. Same thing has the potential for happening. I am not blind to that.

But, let me tell you what is different.

#1 - I have a plan. The plan is to stick with it. Proverbs says that where there is no plans the people fail. I know my plan is wide open but I am not tying myself to ANYTHING because I know my nature is to flake when I feel stuck. I am much more apt to reach for that processed white roll when it gets tough if I feel like I can't. My plan is to remain flexible, minimize proportions, and fill up on things that will help and not hinder my plan for health. Most importantly I want to get back into running. I miss it.

#2 - Apps and YouTube. Let me tell you about the beauty of these two modern conveniences. Oh my. I just love them. I have found so much to help me out. I will post more later on my specifics.

#3 - Education. Learning. Expanding knowledge. I am talking to several women in my life that have an expanse of knowledge when it comes to this. I am not about to go crazy on my own. Picking their nutrition minded brains about things like protein powders, healthy fats, good sources of protein, fiber, etc.

#4 Get moving. I will start moving. I don't care when, where, or what but I plan on moving. I have several work outs to try, I have a jogging stroller for me and the boogs, fitness challenges, etc. I. need. to. move.



I am hoping to use this as accountability and really stick to it. I am not going to lie. I am tempted not to post this because then I won't have to follow up. I know that once I have this out there that is it. I am ready. I am excited. Really.

I am going to be posting weekly or bi-weekly about my progress. I haven't decided on how often. I want to keep the attention on my mind but at the same time I don't want to get discouraged by a lack of change because it is too close. We'll see. But at the least every other week.

My updates will include:
-Picture
-Weight loss
-My activity counter for the week (2 weeks)
-My favorite thing I ate

What can you do?
Aw, I am so glad you asked! In fact, there are a few things you can do.

#1 - Please pray for me and my goals. Pray that I keep the reason I am doing it to be present and forefront of my thinking. I desire to glorify God in my body and I don't think I can say that is happening right now in the category of health and overall wellness.

#2 - Don't keep encouragement to yourself. If you are like me you keep things to yourself hoping not to insult or make an awkward situation. If you want to, say something. No offense can be taken!

#3 - In the same category as the last point, if you have helpful or useful information please share. I don't know about "all this stuff." Admittedly! I am learning and trying to gain knowledge but I am not just not employing what I know. I am ready to learn and if you have something to share please do!



 Thanks lovely readers! Whoever you are!

*the gifs were meant primarily as comic relief. Please don't take them seriously. 

No comments:

Post a Comment