1.29.2014

The Girl Between the Lines: all grown up

I decided to link up with Lauren (@The Albrechts Blog) and Hayley (@A Beautiful Exchange) for {getting to know} The Girl Between the Lines link up!

I am working on getting myself in order on this little ole' blog of mine. This is a step.

This week's prompt: We all imagined what our lives would look like when we were "all grown up"... how does that compare to what your life looks like now??

This is an interesting idea I am sure most my age, let me rephrase, the majority of girls my age sort through. 

As a kid I wanted to be one thing. I had momentary whims of doctors or teachers or office worker but I didn't ever have an elaborate plan of goal. I always wanted one thing. 

What I wanted though, really didn't matter.   

If I am being honest with myself and really comparing where I am now and where I wanted to be then the changes are slight and can be unnoticeable. However, they are there. If you were around me then and now you would quickly see that my desire then still lingers. I don't think it's going to go away. The biggest change is not in what I thought I would be when I grew up. The biggest change is the trust I have in the one I know holds that grown up me.

I prayed to receive Christ at a young age but didn't fully trust His entirety until my teens, even then it was testy. In the last handful of years I have been given my Faithful God has brought me to a vulnerable and surrendered place before His throne. 

The biggest difference between what I thought my life would look like standing on the side of me and now is that I don't know what my grown up self will look like. I don't know what is going to happen. The change comes in knowing and loving the one who does know. My days are not my own and I am learning what it means to give every 24 hours to Him.    

2 comments:

  1. Amen, friend!! So encouraged by this. Thanks for linking up with us!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am glad I finally linked up!

      Delete