1.31.2014

5 on Friday

I know today was supposed to be my goal check. BUT, I am headed North to see the boys! I will be back Monday with the goal check for January and the plan for February.

Happy Friday!

Now for the 5 on Friday!

#1 - I am not ashamed of my geekness. I love pi, the x in algebra, and the periodic table of elements. Don't get me started on language and root words! So, needless to say, I am getting super excited about pi day coming up! While I was looking for things to torture entertain my teenager with I found these!

source

source

source
 Please tell me you are all laughing!

#2 - God has been sending us some unusual winter weather for these parts! We have experienced insane and unheard of lows and some of the white stuff! Score!

Notice the mostly sunny above the degrees? Is that supposed to make me feel better?

#3 - I completed my second solo sewing project. This was a skirt 4 sizes to small and a different style. I undid the seams, measured out my vision, snipped and sewed away, and came up with this!


#4 - We had baked potatoes one night this past week and due to miscommunication we had two too many. I spent the morning of my snow day researching and pulling together recipes until I came up with this one! Yum!

 They were SO soft and the texture was phenomenal! I kneaded like crazy and and my arms have been screaming at me for two days. Time to work on upper body?

#5 - I am headed North to see my boys! Be back on air Monday!



Linking up with;
A. Liz Adventures . Carolina CharmHello! Happinessthe good life blog


6 comments:

  1. It was nice seeing a part of your life :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness! congrats on the sewing project. i know one day i'll have to get into it. you can just do too many awesome things on the cheap. found you via the linkup! new reader! yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! I still don't consider myself a seamstress, but I am please with the turnout! I love DIY so I am working hard to figure it out!
      So glad you stopped by! Nice to "meet" you!

      Delete
  3. ah those dinner rolls look heavenly! I always want to attempt a bread of roll but I am terrified of using yeast, don't ask me why...

    Happy to be a new follower here!

    Tatteredtotaylored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not a baker so it was definitely a struggle! My stomach doesn't tolerate it well so I had to enjoy sparingly!
      Glad you stopped by!

      Delete