12.11.2010

Day 8: Least favorite thing

Miss Savannah is doing ok. She had a few "episodes" through the night last night but is stable. She is on a monitor for her breathing. Getting better but DON'T stop praying!
Day 8: Least favorite thing about the Holidays
Ok, my least favorite thing about the holidays...it's hard. Really. I don't like to seek out the negative. I will say the one thing I don't enjoy is the cheapness that has been pasted over Christmas, the celebration of the birth of my Savior.
It is all about the going, doing, getting, that the celebration has taken a back seat. Many stores are open on Christmas. The lists, the have to's, the wants, and the gimme's.
I wish that Christmas would be taken back to some more simple and Christ centered mind set.
I'm not saying my family is perfect but I love that every year we choose to celebrate Jesus in some way. Either through advent or Jesse tree. We take time to go to the Christmas Eve service at our Church. Etc.
Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment