12.18.2010

Day 11: New Year Resolutions


Day 11: New Year Resolutions
I am going to be honest for a second. I don't like "new year resolutions." What is the purpose of planning a new year with new choices. If they are choices that indeed need to be made why plan them out and wait until the "new year." Why can't your new year begin on October 10th, or April 3rd? Why is January 1st that magical day to "change you ways" and "start fresh?"
If this is a way that you can keep track of it, or if you are doing something like reading through the Bible in a year then by all means, start on the 1st. But, I personally DON'T like to use that as an excuse to wait until then.
I will tell you a "resolution" I have. I started in November. I am memorizing passages of scripture with a friend. It is slow. I have not put a strict time frame on it. I am not stressing myself out. I am just doing it...and to be honest I love it!
I have gotten continually more involved in the local Hispanic Congregation. Plan on becoming more so. That began in July.
There are some things I am planning for 2011 but they most likely will not occur until further into January or February.
My point in this post being, I don't like to hang a date on a goal. I think it is good to have a finish time but in no way am I going to put off something that I need to do now. Are there times I want to? Youbetcha!!! But I like to go ahead when I do something...chances are with me, if I wait it won't get done...

No comments:

Post a Comment